• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
These seem pretty basic - thought the question of why someone with a "part-time" job needs a secretary and an assistant was quite valid.

Also seems ridiculous to have 2 lawyers on retainer for $180K a year when a full time salaried lawyer costs about half that.

Focusing on maintenance instead of new paving projects during lean budget times also seems logical.

Not sure about eliminating code enforcement, but I don't know what they actually do - lately it seems like everything is either not their jurisdiction or happening when they don't work.

I would have added eliminating paying commissioners to drive to work and other perks to the list too.

http://www.waltonsun.com/news/report-6902-budget-walton.html

Looks like this report is a validation of Mr. Hudson, Ms. McQuiston and Co at the WCTA. Many of these suggestions have been on their list for years. Lets see if the senior professionals get any closer to seeing these things implemented.
We keep re-electing these people and then wonder why the results never change.
Maybe they should tackle the constitutional officers next. Bet that report would open some eyes.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Looks like this report is a validation of Mr. Hudson, Ms. McQuiston and Co at the WCTA. Many of these suggestions have been on their list for years. Lets see if the senior professionals get any closer to seeing these things implemented.
We keep re-electing these people and then wonder why the results never change.
Maybe they should tackle the constitutional officers next. Bet that report would open some eyes.

You keep complaining we keep electing these people, step up and throw your name in the hat or find someone that will run on your platform at least.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
You keep complaining we keep electing these people, step up and throw your name in the hat or find someone that will run on your platform at least.

You do not have to be elected to make change ! Sometimes being involved is just as effective if not more effective.

What are you running for Bob ? Please run !

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Maybe one day, right now I support candidates who I believe will represent my interest with my money and my labor.