• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
well Bob ..that table has even myself wondering why the funding per student is what it is. Any ideas?

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The table shows that:

• [*=1]There are 3095 students in the schools South of the Bay (Sowal)

• [*=1]That property taxes paid by property owners south of the Bay pay $64.9 Million dollars in School taxes

• [*=1]When you divide the taxes paid in Sowal by the number of students in Sowal they pay an average of $20,997 for each student.

• [*=1]That there are 4727 students in the Schools north of the Bay (Norwal)

• [*=1]That property taxes paid by property owners north of the Bay pay 9.3 Million dollars in School taxes

• [*=1]When you divide the taxes paid in Norwal by the number of students in Norwal they pay an average of $1,969 for each student

They were provided to show a poster the accurate data on who pays.

These numbers have no bearing on what the school system spends on each child or in geographic terms

That data is not available.

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
The table shows that: [*=1]There are 3095 students in the schools South of the Bay (Sowal) [*=1]That property taxes paid by property owners south of the Bay pay $64.9 Million dollars in School taxes [*=1]When you divide the taxes paid in Sowal by the number of students in Sowal they pay an average of $20,997 for each student. [*=1]That there are 4727 students in the Schools north of the Bay (Norwal) [*=1]That property taxes paid by property owners north of the Bay pay 9.3 Million dollars in School taxes [*=1]When you divide the taxes paid in Norwal by the number of students in Norwal they pay an average of $1,969 for each student They were provided to show a poster the accurate data on who pays. These numbers have no bearing on what the school system spends on each child or in geographic terms That data is not available.
I wonder how much lodging tax So pays v. No ?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The lions share is "allocated" to the South end.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
If you are speaking of the bed tax/tourist tax on short-term rentals, that is only collected south of the bay, since that it is the area for the TDC special district.
that's what I'm saying. BUT does all tax money stay South or is it shared. Bet it's shared. That's a lot of $$$ if all owners pay it.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
It's four percent collected by the owners from the tourists. The law requires the bed tax to be used for purposes that promote tourism and for beach nourishment (one of the four "cents"). The commissioners have recently gotten attorney general opinions and made legislative findings to provide for some of the funds to be used for such purposes as bike path maintenance and construction and acquisition of land for parking and beach accesses in the TDC's special district. In the last couple of years some funds have been allocated for promotion of events north of the bay such as Chautauqua and Marvel of Flight. I think $20,000 per year is now budgeted for these purposes.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
that's what I'm saying. BUT does all tax money stay South or is it shared. Bet it's shared. That's a lot of $$$ if all owners pay it.

Owners don't pay a bed tax.