• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
So what about the Costco rumored to be comimg too Freeport? Now that's news.....

That’s funny - Not A Snowballs Chance in Hell!

That one made my day !

LOL! Yeah...that one ranks right up there with all the rumors that Panama City was going to get non-stop flights to Europe and the Caribbean when the new airport opened just because the word "international" was in the name...:doh:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
LOL! Yeah...that one ranks right up there with all the rumors that Panama City was going to get non-stop flights to Europe and the Caribbean when the new airport opened just because the word "international" was in the name...:doh:
St.Joe givith St.Joe taketh away

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Has anyone heard the rumor that District Drainage folks designed the Hwy 331 drainage to a minimum 10 year storm event while building the height of the road to a 100 year storm event between Hwy 20 and the bridge? It's truth not rumor. The local comprehensive plan called for a 25 year storm event drainage yet those drainage folks in Chipley decided to exempt themselves down to the minimum drainage. Their reasoning is suspect. I don't believe it was to save money or for better evacuation because the bridge is closed when wind speed increases to 40 mph. Many people have in ground septic tanks along Hwy 331 because they have NO access to sewer. This highway was built with minimum to NO infrastructure. The engineers over there in Chipley have told us to "sue them when we get flooding". We told them that we want sewer and better drainage instead of "flooding damage" for obvious reasons but on a greater scale our Bay resources are important to us. This last rain was about 3 inches per 24 hours and all the pipes and ditches was full. The engineers in Chipley say that the drainage should handle 9.5 inches of rain in 24 hours. It won't and they know it. I have a long list of why it won't but they are not interested. They are gifted at dismissive communications. All they say is that they are the "engineers" and "people always want something for nothing". It feels like their talking points are rehearsed. At this point we are left with only questions of why did they do this?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Has anyone heard the rumor that District Drainage folks designed the Hwy 331 drainage to a minimum 10 year storm event while building the height of the road to a 100 year storm event between Hwy 20 and the bridge? It's truth not rumor. The local comprehensive plan called for a 25 year storm event drainage yet those drainage folks in Chipley decided to exempt themselves down to the minimum drainage. Their reasoning is suspect. I don't believe it was to save money or for better evacuation because the bridge is closed when wind speed increases to 40 mph. Many people have in ground septic tanks along Hwy 331 because they have NO access to sewer. This highway was built with minimum to NO infrastructure. The engineers over there in Chipley have told us to "sue them when we get flooding". We told them that we want sewer and better drainage instead of "flooding damage" for obvious reasons but on a greater scale our Bay resources are important to us. This last rain was about 3 inches per 24 hours and all the pipes and ditches was full. The engineers in Chipley say that the drainage should handle 9.5 inches of rain in 24 hours. It won't and they know it. I have a long list of why it won't but they are not interested. They are gifted at dismissive communications. All they say is that they are the "engineers" and "people always want something for nothing". It feels like their talking points are rehearsed. At this point we are left with only questions of why did they do this?

You have some great references here. "Gifted at dismissive communications" is classic, simply love it! :clap:

Nothing would surprise me about anything to do with "drainage" anywhere in this County. Its :poop:...

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
How about former council member going in with former employer and lady from water dept. when rest of council where out of town in Tallahassee. At time she was no longer council member. Maybe need records reguest on what was on computer the day they broke into city hall