• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Aside from Danny Glidewell? (thanks for participating Danny)

OUR BEACHES don't belong to vendors, they belong to the PUBLIC! Give us back OUR beaches!

The entire front row of vendor chairs are completely unoccupied taking up space for the visitors who drive the economy in Walton County.

Ridiculous!
36474737_1794762820591211_1174043977674915840_n.jpg

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
Aside from Danny Glidewell? (thanks for participating Danny)

OUR BEACHES don't belong to vendors, they belong to the PUBLIC! Give us back OUR beaches!

The entire front row of vendor chairs are completely unoccupied taking up space for the visitors who drive the economy in Walton County.

Ridiculous!

Just because they are empty doesn’t mean they are not rented. I could be wrong but I thought they did away with ghost sets and all sets that are out are reserved and paid for.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
If the truth were told those beach vendors are not grandfathered into the term "customary use"!

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
The only activities that the customary use ordinance authorized in customary use areas were walking on the beach, sitting on the beach, using a beach umbrella seven feet wide or less, sunbathing, picnicking, fishing, swimming, or surfing off the beach, using surfing or fishing equipment and "building sand creations." Vending not included. But I guess that the ordinance is now void, those limitations are moot.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The only activities that the customary use ordinance authorized in customary use areas were walking on the beach, sitting on the beach, using a beach umbrella seven feet wide or less, sunbathing, picnicking, fishing, swimming, or surfing off the beach, using surfing or fishing equipment and "building sand creations." Vending not included. But I guess that the ordinance is now void, those limitations are moot.
My point was that historically going back years, customary use did not include beach vendors. Those actually became an issue under C. Jones because her son is a vendor and it was included in ordinances the current BCC created.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Vending is in the Beach Activities Ordinance but was not included as one of the uses allowed by the public in the Customary Use Ordinance. The CU ordinance didn't apply to public beach access property, just privately-owned beach property. Confusing, I know!