• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Personally, I have found that the size of the Margarita will directly effect my judgement as to the quality. I like the ones at Cocos, but let me add that Cocos has some very LARGE margaritas.

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
BLOCK PARTY????

When and where......that sounds like the old days, I remember the block parties that were held at the corner in front of the store (now the Red bar).
SOOOO much Fun.
Hope to be there.

dance5.gif

seagrovechick

Beach Comber
Dec 23, 2004
Did I mention that CoCo's is open for business year-round? It is hard to get a margarita at a closed bar. As for Luna del Mar, the Margarita are great. The food, well, I have eaten there several times, and it is hit or miss for me, although I know many people who think there food is great. I guess that since I know what authentic Mexican food tastel like, I cannot get excited about anything less.

Certainly didn't mean to offend you Coco's loyalists. I simply wanted to offer a different perspective. And as an ex-Texan and Mexico vacationer, I am confident in my ability to discern good Mexican fare. I will say it drives me crazy when businesses close during the off season (or for the afternoon when their owners feel like surfing). However, I've come to accept that if I want to live here and support local business owners, it's just something I have to deal with. For what it's worth...

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Los Ranchero's (formerly CoCo's) has very tasty and adequately strong margaritas. Most deadly margarita, though, at least for me is Red Bar. Maybe it's because I've usually been sipping/gulping something else before I get there, but twice I've had two Red Bar margaritas to finish off a beach afternoon and twice I've had to arrange a ride home and some hot tea.