• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
@mputnal ,

Good grief! My “feelings” aren’t hurt at all except for the Nazi reference made by Daniel Uhlfelder towards BFOs which I took very very personally. Actually it was more like extreme disgust. And I’ve said exactly that in a previous post.

So PLEASE, quit trying to play amateur personal psychiatrist, especially with people you do not know...a waste of bandwidth. Oh gosh, can’t wait to hear all the gotchas.

And you didn’t answer the intellectually honest question on why you fear “Corporate Power Brokers” that you keep bringing up. That’s not a too tough a question, I hope. It is multiple choice.

Again....
Do you fear CPBs that you describe will deprive the public of public private beach access (defeat CU)
OR
Do you fear CPBs will continue to develop Walton County to the point that the “public” can’t even access public beach because of overcrowding?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV Did you read their post? They are deceptive. If you prefer to trust deceptive people over passionate people then that is your right as I said. I’m just stating my opinion. They are not just being passionate about property rights. They represent the opposite of community. Yes I fear the abuse of power. I could be wrong but they really believe they are superior to community or individual values. If you decide to trust them over community then again that is your right. Remember that I admit to not knowing everything but the Corporate Power Brokers know it all. You should at least be aware of why that is not good for the community. You are free to choose to believe they have your back. I happen to believe something different.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Wow, there’s a lot of mputnal and CU conspiracy theory there. “They are deceptive.”
Who’s deceptive? What’s deceptive? Explain the facts of any deception - especially if you are referring to me. Or it’s just innuendo without basis? You have come a long way since #1027 “I am not a CU activist.”

You keep bring up the community where people own beachfront, reside, and live. Are you talking about the community where you reside? I’m guessing you don’t reside in Walton County and never have. Are you being deceptive? Certainly not credible when you accuse others that they do not reside in South Walton if you have not. At least I and BFOs have a good reason to use pseudonyms to avoid being targeted by CU anti-social media activists like they have done before.

If you are referring to FloridaBeachBum as a “Corporate Power Broker” you have a short memory or you have not read my previous posts describing myself or both. Our family has owned beachfront to the MHWL since the 1980s before there was a Seaside. Just not credible We vs Them conspiracy innuendo, lacking any facts.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Putnal, you should fear the power brokers trying to incorporate south Walton and their attempt to make millions more flooding SOWAL with even more tourists. Turn the fear into courage, and fight them.

Who do you think spearheaded the campaign to incorporate?
Who do you think spearheaded the propaganda campaign to convince the BCC to sue thousands of beach property owners (BPO's)?
Who shouted "Sue the BPO's no matter what the cost" and "No compromise or risk defeat", and threw candidate Bill F. under the bus because he wanted to have open honest dialogue?
Who do you think founded and presides over the "nonprofit" but politically active group Florida Beaches for All?
What same "non profit" group is now a PLANTIFF suing thousands of BPO’s?
What PLANTIFF group has also targeted and vilified defendants on social media?
Who do you think founded a group called "A Better South Walton", whose main purpose is to incorporate?

It may not be who you think it is.

Last question. Who profits the most by doubling the tourists to 8 million, even if it destroys the unique and sensitive 30A ecosystem, not to mention the residential family charm?

Do some research, some power brokers hide in plain sight.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
FBB you are right in that I have come a long way since reading your posts in particular. My opinion has evolved. You are wrong about many things but that is my opinion right? Let me ask you just two questions: Do you believe that I have the same rights that you do? If you do then I have only stated my opinion and you are claiming that ALL your statements are 100% fact. So second question: Do you stand behind ALL your facts? Advice: you better go back and clean up your posts and those agrees with captions before answering.

As for as where I reside, work and play. Right now it is about 70% Walton County. In the near future (if I make it to the future) it will be 100% Walton County. Thats about all the information I will give you because you have ALL the facts available to you about anything right? Plus you hide behind a computer and seem to be scared of people knowing your name. People who wield power like you do are not usually scared of The People so your reasons do not add up.

From your post I have gained information...about you as a person and what you believe. My research is in reading your post and those that I call corporate power brokers. You claim to know better than me or anyone what values are important in life. Again my opinion is that you should not have any power to exclude people from the beach because that singular value is not good for The People where many values are important. I do not trust your power which again is my opinion. I advise others not to trust your power. I am not claiming to have any power compared to your message of superior power. You believe that you have the Constitution on your side and that is all you need in life. I believe in the Constitution as much as you do but I do not believe the Constitution will make me happy. In my and most people's pursuit of happinesses it will require sharing and caring. It is called Good Will and it is in the Bible not the Constitution. So based on your posts I do not trust you to share the beach with respectful law abiding good people. You could simply have a bad day and decide that those people out there are trespassing and are therefore criminals and have them arrested. Naw I do not trust you with that kind of power. We need someone else in charge of deciding who are criminals. Since power is important to you, you always have the power to prove my opinions wrong.

I am not a CU activist. Never have been but based on your posts along I am considering becoming one. I think there are good and decent people on both sides of the issue. I think activism sometimes goes too far and I also don't agree with that so I am undecided. I do understand your issues with CU activism. Hopefully they will learn to not to agitate you as much so you might relax that one principle of exclusion that you hold so dearly on to and find a path toward compromise. I am not holding my breath!

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Putnal, you should fear the power brokers trying to incorporate south Walton and their attempt to make millions more flooding SOWAL with even more tourists. Turn the fear into courage and fight them.

Who do you think spearheaded the campaign to incorporate?
Who do you think spearheaded the propaganda campaign to convince the BCC to sue thousands of beach property owners (BPO's) and told them less than a dozen BPO's would object?
Who do you think made the #1 priority of the BCC election "Sue the BPO's no matter what the cost" and "No compromise or risk defeat", and threw Bill F. under the bus because he want to have open dialogue?
Who do you think founded and presides over the "nonprofit" but politically active group Florida Beaches for All?
What "non profit" politically active group is now a PLANTIFF attorney in the lawsuit?
What "non profit" politically active group has targeted and vilified defendants of the lawsuit on social media?
Who do you think founded a group called "A Better South Walton", who main purpose is to incorporate?

It may not be who you think it is.
Last question, who profits the most by doubling the tourists to 8 million, even if it destroys the unique and sensitive 30A ecosystem?

Do some research, some people hide in plain sight.
Ordinary citizens know that all of this was done to gain control over our own destiny, improve our community and quality of life, and keep our beaches free for all to enjoy. To suggest anything else is false. A pathetic attempt to vilify people to mask your own greed. The incessant drumbeat of falsehood is very tiresome. You have been banned on facebook where you piled up lie after lie. And now you are doing it here. Pathetic and weak.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
You have been banned on facebook where you piled up lie after lie.

Ah... yet another attempt to distract from the main point. The greedy power broker activist is trying to gain political control of SOWAL though customary use public sentiment, now that his push to incorporate has faltered.
I actually feel sorry for his mislead followers, many of whom mean well, I have no doubt.

Fake News: I am not banned from Facebook. I don't know who is telling you the lies that you are spreading. Get your facts straight before you accuse me of anything.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV Did you read their post? They are deceptive. If you prefer to trust deceptive people over passionate people then that is your right as I said. I’m just stating my opinion. They are not just being passionate about property rights. They represent the opposite of community. Yes I fear the abuse of power. I could be wrong but they really believe they are superior to community or individual values. If you decide to trust them over community then again that is your right. Remember that I admit to not knowing everything but the Corporate Power Brokers know it all. You should at least be aware of why that is not good for the community. You are free to choose to believe they have your back. I happen to believe something different.

Strike 2 on the multiple choice question. Try again.

Let me ask you just two questions:
Really????

Plus you hide behind a computer and seem to be scared of people knowing your name.
Without a doubt you’re mind melding with Dave Rauschkolb.

Seriously, at first it was nice reading mputnal’s posts. Maybe there was a middle of the road type of person who could bring a fresh perspective to all of this. But the ice cream melted revealing all the peanuts.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV I have answered your questions. You just do not like the answers. As I said that's fine and we can agree to disagree and still be friends right?

I don't understand hiding your name. I really don't. What are you scared of? Not me. Why would you be scared of the CU supporters? You should just have them arrested for trespassing if they come on your property. Just dial 911 and say "there are some criminals relaxing on my beach so please come get them and lock em up those nasty men, women and children". This whole power thing is just creepy.

I don't think you read my post because you really aren't listening. I read yours, notice the paragraphs!

What in the world is wrong with peanuts :)

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Just dial 911 and say "there are some criminals relaxing on my beach so please come get them and lock em up those nasty men, women and children". This whole power thing is just creepy.

You just completely obliterated what little respect I had for the content of your posts. You’re now definitely wallowing in the mud with many of the other CU proponents.

STRIKE 3 - YOU’RE OUT!!