• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Discussing important community topics was the genesis of this thread. By design, Faulty positions and unsupportable claims would theoretically be easily dismissed and discarded, on both sides of CU.

Alternate opinions and voices would be unconditionally heard, and respected, with the assumption of rational reasoning and honest representation of facts.

The author didn’t foresee the derailing of legitimate reasoning and endless distraction by those not able to comprehend reality. Nor the same who refuse to respect or acknowledge current laws and culture. Not to mention the irrational frequent posting of some parallel fantasy universe that entitles the public to private assets gained from individual effort.

I apologize for all of the wasted posts that belong on a remedial political fiction thread.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Fbb, good work on the research! You have skills.

I tend to agree with you about anonymous posters using imaginary names posting divisive rhetoric but wait how do I know you are you :)

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
I have read the statue. The government entity has authority to seek Judicial affirmation of Customary Use

Thank you for confirming that the only “authority” Walton County BCC has is to request to the court (judicial branch) to determine recreational customary use IF the BCC can PROVE that recreational customary use (in particular the BCC request for unlimited access by unlimited tourists with unlimited beach equipment to occupy private property AGAINST the will of the property owner) is ANCIENT, REASONABLE, WITHOUT INTERUPTION, and WITHOUT DISPUTE.

You are correct, the BCC has the "authority to request" not the "authority to determine".

Also thank you also for providing your opinion that is issue is without dispute. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, even if you are the only one in Walton County that has that opinion.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie, good job with keeping my name out of your post and speaking in generalities. I prefer to respect the Judicial system and let the court decide the facts. Btw double good job on the apology :). Maybe this will be my last post...

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Scj, you are very welcome! I much appreciate respect and civility.

However you changed the words in the Statue which read "seek". In order to seek affirmation the government entity must "adopt a formal notice of intent to affirm customary use". Therefore the affirmation process will consider whether or not public recreational use occurred on the beach prior to the lawsuit. In other words a dispute caused by the affirmation process is moot. Both sides present evidence. One side wins. The other side appeals. It just seems silly that compromise is not the better path! These things happen when we lose our ability to be respectful and civil...

Alex Miles

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2019
Montgomery
Walton County Ideas for Visioning and Quality of Life (closed Facebook group)
RULE #2: Content or screenshots of content may not be "reproduced or distributed outside of this group without express permission"

Do the rules apply to all members?
Hmmm...Did a couple of previous posts just get deleted from this forum thread? I wonder why.

Last edited:

DanaMarie

Beach Comber
Jun 22, 2016
Point Washington
Mputnal,
There it is. The personal attack. I knew you’d resort to personal attack, because that's what you do when you have no facts to fall back on. I quoted two statements you made, took them to a logical conclusion, and instead of responding with a logical answer you attacked me. You may think I’m in the Twilight Zone, but just because you don’t understand the basic rules of logic doesn’t mean you should attack others. Your statements are delusional. You must have had too many psilocybin mushrooms in your Thanksgiving green bean casserole.

Sincerely, Rod Serling