• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Just shows that it is out there for the susceptible. The mystery is why, nine days sharing the same space and air with two legit cases, yet I’m still untouched... Strange stuff...

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I have also quarantined. Im 8 days in now. First signs were major hot flashes and chills but no fever. Still have not gone over 98*. Lost taste and smell 5 days in but never had any nasal congestion. Had bad eye pressure at first to the point it was flashing pain to look sideways. Also really bad back pain behind my lungs and neck pain the first couple days. Woke up with hives all over on the fourth day which was a fun addition to trying to sleep. Basically the equivalent of sleeping with fleas while having hot flashes. Never had any respiratory issues but have had a tickle in my throat a couple days now. This is the first day I've been able to do any walking around the house for more than 20mis without having to lay down. Its no joke! And all these yahoos common down here not wearing their masks are just gonna take it home with them. I'd expect restaurants to be carryout only again by August here at this rate.

my daughter (at 9 days with no fever) just told me that her head feels detached from her body...

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
So.... if I digest all the data, in Walton County (discounting the nine deaths in the long-care facility in DeFuniak Springs) there has been ONE DEATH in Walton County attributed to COVID since the onset of the pandemic....?

And about 94% that test positive for COVID do not require hospitalization??
Listen. Go sit in the corner and stare at the wall until you feel you can come back here and at least appear to be terrified.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Listen. Go sit in the corner and stare at the wall until you feel you can come back here and at least appear to be terrified.

Gordo... take a knee. Scroll back--I'm the guy who has been consolidating the (many sometimes conflicting.... COVID data and posting to this thread for all to see, since the first day it appeared here. Yes... I am concerned.... And yes, I can "do the math". No need for you to sit on your butt and criticize me.

P.S. I'm in the older generation(!) and understand the potential COVID consequences.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
So.... if I digest all the data, in Walton County (discounting the nine deaths in the long-care facility in DeFuniak Springs) there has been ONE DEATH in Walton County attributed to COVID since the onset of the pandemic....?

And about 94% that test positive for COVID do not require hospitalization??

Gordo... take a knee. Scroll back--I'm the guy who has been consolidating the (many sometimes conflicting.... COVID data and posting to this thread for all to see, since the first day it appeared here. Yes... I am concerned.... And yes, I can "do the math". No need for you to sit on your butt and criticize me.

P.S. I'm in the older generation(!) and understand the potential COVID consequences.
You end those both with question marks. This implies lack of confidence in your ability to “do the math” or perhaps scoffing at your conclusions. I took it to mean the second, scoffing at your conclusions, and that you didn’t find “ONE DEATH”, as you put it in caps, as terrifying as we are to feel. Perhaps in the future don’t use question marks when making a statement, it makes it appear you are drawing conclusions when your response seems to indicate you are just presenting data.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Two-thirds of my household has COVID...one positive test, one with symptoms 3 days after testing negative. I’ve been sharing the same space with them since July 6th yet, for reasons unknown, I’m still fine. COVID is an odd one... Symptoms: fever below 100, body aches...but mostly sinus pressure and 3-4 days of headaches....so far. No smell taste after Day 4, and still absent at Day 10. No real respiratory stuff thankfully. Trust me, we are locked down in my house for your safety. And we have been wearing masks and will continue to do so post-quarantine for your safety. You’re welcome; we should all think of each other’s health.
Sorry to hearhheayou and your family make a full recovery.
Two-thirds of my household has COVID...one positive test, one with symptoms 3 days after testing negative. I’ve been sharing the same space with them since July 6th yet, for reasons unknown, I’m still fine. COVID is an odd one... Symptoms: fever below 100, body aches...but mostly sinus pressure and 3-4 days of headaches....so far. No smell taste after Day 4, and still absent at Day 10. No real respiratory stuff thankfully. Trust me, we are locked down in my house for your safety. And we have been wearing masks and will continue to do so post-quarantine for your safety. You’re welcome; we should all think of each other’s health.

Sorry to hear the bad news and I sincerely hope you and your family make a full recovery. I wish we could all do more to help everyone make it through these tough times.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
July 15 - Cases in 32459: 189

Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update: Today, Walton County has 28 more positives for a total of 649.

Please note: With the increase in COVID-19 cases, the Department of Health in Walton County will be suspending MUNICIPALITY/County area reporting. We will still be reporting total countywide positives.

To see COVID-19 cases by zip code, please refer to the Florida DOH Dashboard: https://bit.ly/3ey8sB3

109320127_3394453083951597_1954543028306470868_o.png