• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
jessifunn said:
i'm not talking to you!

Ok, I was talking to everyone as a whole. Then, I'll type loudly to Kimmi who brought up frozen burgers.

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Black Bean Burger (p. 83)
An excellent Mexican flavored burger, with lots of nutrition; which is also a wonderful example of how great - meatless - burgers can be!

Ingredients
1/4 cup black beans - cooked & mashed
(fresh cooked preferred or canned)
1/4 onion - diced
1/4 colored bell pepper - diced
1 garlic clove - diced
1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 small carrot - shredded
2 Tbsp bread crumbs
2 pinches chili powder
2 pinches cajun spice blend
3 Tbsp soy oil (for skillet or griddle)

Directions
Mash up the cooked beans a little, but don't puree. Dice the onions, peppers and garlic. With the exception of the frying oil, combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl; then using your hands to knead ingredients, mix well. Form resulting burger 'meat' into a ball, then press into a patty.

Have a griddle or skillet hot, pour in some oil for frying, then set burger on top. Cover burger and lower heat to medium low setting. After 4-5 minutes, flip the burger and continue cooking - uncovered - another 4-5 minutes. Serve on a roll (or pita bread, or two slices of whole grain bread). For a deluxe version, melt a slice of soy cheese during final cooking phase, then top with Salsa (p. 38 or other) when placed on roll.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Why thank you so much jessifunn. You are such a helpful friend when I am need of valuable information.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood