• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
One night on our 30a tour, we pulled into Topsail daily entrance. We'd never been there and heard it was beautiful. So we drive in, honestly pay our $2 fee and drive to a parking lot. We thought we were going to drive to the beach. It was about 6pm. We got out of the car and found out you had to take a tram to the beach. There wasn't a driver in site. we hung out for a while then left. I was bummed. :dunno:

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
You might want to have the beer in a can instead of a bottle - many swear by the bottle as opposed to the can but they don't want the glass on the beach - actually that is against the law and they can write a ticket for it.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
ShallowsNole said:
They can, and they do.

Yep, just ask my sister about that. She got busted at Seagrove last year, with a glass beer bottle. It was in a zippered huggy but the deputies still saw it!!!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
wlaner said:
You might want to have the beer in a can instead of a bottle - many swear by the bottle as opposed to the can but they don't want the glass on the beach - actually that is against the law and they can write a ticket for it.

I'm a can man anyway. Put it in a koozie and no one knows the difference. Of course, with the latest news, my own "personal beach" may not have any sand on it :sosad:

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
ShallowsNole said:
They can, and they do.

We saw a few people get busted for bottles on the beach while we were down last week. I don't know if they got cited, but the sheriff made them take the glass bottles back up.
Honestly, though, wouldn't anyone realize that glass on a beach is probably a bad idea?

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
amylouky said:
Honestly, though, wouldn't anyone realize that glass on a beach is probably a bad idea?

Accidents happen - plus those damn bottle caps that people seem to be careless with. :nono1: We use cans or mix rum drinks in a plastic jug.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
amylouky said:
We saw a few people get busted for bottles on the beach while we were down last week. I don't know if they got cited, but the sheriff made them take the glass bottles back up.

Same folks that walk on dunes and leave trash everywhere more than likely...or else they just don't know the rules!!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
In the summer of 1986 I was at St. Andrews State Park in PCB for some very much needed R&R and had a few cans of beer with me in the cooler, and an open one sitting next to me, discreetly covered in the inevitable camo-patterned 'koozie'. In PCB they really have to monitor the teens and drunks or both, so I was a little bit scared, but not really surprised, when the notorious-for-being-a-hard@ss Chief Ranger stopped his blue-lighted ATV right in front of me, pointed and asked "Is that a beer?". I looked him right in the eye and replied "Yes, sir, it is!" "Is it cold?", he asked, perfectly stonefaced. "Yes, sir, it is!" I replied again, smiling widely, thinking how fitting it would be for the government to legislate only allowing hot beer on the beach. He then started up his ATV again and shouted as he rode away: "Well, you'd better drink it fast before it gets hot!" I still raise a discreetly covered can or two to his memory every time I have a beer on the beach.

Be discreet, be respectful, be honest and have a wonderful time.

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
marinebiology451 said:
In the summer of 1986 I was at St. Andrews State Park in PCB for some very much needed R&R and had a few cans of beer with me in the cooler, and an open one sitting next to me, discreetly covered in the inevitable camo-patterned 'koozie'. In PCB they really have to monitor the teens and drunks or both, so I was a little bit scared, but not really surprised, when the notorious-for-being-a-hard@ss Chief Ranger stopped his blue-lighted ATV right in front of me, pointed and asked "Is that a beer?". I looked him right in the eye and replied "Yes, sir, it is!" "Is it cold?", he asked, perfectly stonefaced. "Yes, sir, it is!" I replied again, smiling widely, thinking how fitting it would be for the government to legislate only allowing hot beer on the beach. He then started up his ATV again and shouted as he rode away: "Well, you'd better drink it fast before it gets hot!" I still raise a discreetly covered can or two to his memory every time I have a beer on the beach.

Be discreet, be respectful, be honest and have a wonderful time.

AAHH, for the good old days!!!!:cool: