• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Excalibur

WWW.WGTX.COM

Please see below information from Louisiana.

----- Forwarded by ESF14/StateEOC/FLEOC on 08/27/2005 06:01 PM -----

Evacuation Information from the State of Louisiana

The state of Louisiana has informed motorists and transportation officials
in surrounding states of the following evacuation route information:
? Interstate 55 has been one-wayed (contra-flowed) north
? Interstate 59 has been one-wayed (contra-flowed) north
? Interstate 10 has been one-wayed (contra-flowed) west
? Interstate 12 has been one-wayed (contra-flowed) west
? Interstate 10 has been closed to westbound traffic at the
Louisiana state line

Motorists are instructed to pay attention to roadway message boards for any
changes in highway conditions.

More information can be found at www.dotd.state.la.us/maps/ or by calling
the Louisiana state Road Information Hotline, 1-800-469-4828.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
marinebiology451 said:
I choose the UKMET model as the best. Completely off the top of my head, no history or anything. After all, I'm not a atmospheric scientist or oceanographer, just a aquatic biologist (formerly marine biologist). Got to keep reminding myself of that. Weather Channel screaming that this one will be as bad or worse than Camille. Hmpf. Hope it goes to Mexico so Jim can go catch something. Anybody in Biloxi we know? Paint up a SOWal sign at least!
I remember, as a kid, driving through Biloxi a year after Camille[1970?], and being amazed at the destruction. Could be wrong, but wasn't that the worst storm to hit the Gulf Coast in the last 50 years???

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Bob said:
I remember, as a kid, driving through Biloxi a year after Camille[1970?], and being amazed at the destruction. Could be wrong, but wasn't that the worst storm to hit the Gulf Coast in the last 50 years???

I think you are correct. We used to vacation at the Broadwater Beach in Biloxi and I remember the destruction as well. I also remember the stories of the people that decided to ride out the storm...not a good choice.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
CAT 5 - This is too sad!!!! :shock: :shock:

Hopefully people are heeding the warnings

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Only thing I remember about Camille (way back in 1969) was seeing a set of apartment/condos, and all the stuff in them, blown out like so many stacked shotgun shells and being amazed just how far the carpet of crap went.

All the channels are making a field day out of Katrina so we can't be too hard on The Weather Channel (except for where Jimmy is concerned - if you've ever seen his act in person you'd know why-most arrogant person I've ever met-would probably set his own mother's house on fire to get the coverage- although I haven't met Earl in Gulf Trace. There was no The Weather Channel when I was out in Hawaii during Dennis and I actually missed it.

Did anyone else notice the skip in the satellite images from Cat 3 to instant Cat 5 with highly defined eyewall? It's in all the paranoia, I suppose, but what are they trying to hide, hmmmm? (Cue Jimmy broadcasting from the alien spaceship...)

I notice the fishing boats are out in Biloxi (behind Jimmy's head) per usual. Don't know if I'd want to be on one of them seeing as how it's still 240 miles out, and that's over 200 miles and predictability is still not that great until less than 200 miles. Remember Hurricane Bill? Every day they said it would 'have to' make landfall, and it just wandered all over the place for days, but Bill wasn't a Category 5 (not the cable, but the scale). From looking at the excruciatingly slow turn of the track, Katrina still wants to go to Mexico, and I think she should be allowed to go. We'll get those chaperones that went to Aruba to go along so she'll be 'safe'.

Bouy Data:
oh, just get your own, at:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?lat1=25.7N&lon1=87.7W&dist=250&time=3

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
I'm still concerned about the surge damage in SoWal even though the storm is appearing to head quite a bit west of Pensacola. The storm is so large and now 150mph (Cat 5) and moving at 12mph (up from 7-8). If it does hit NOLA, does anyone have a guess at to any damage to the dunes/beaches in SoWal?

How does the surf look now? I'm sure it is picking up. Red flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.