• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
At Bud & Alley?s last night the Hurricane Relief Jam and Silent auction was a great success. Roughly 450 locals, tourists and displaced victims of the storm attended. At last count we raised $31,090.00 for the American Red Cross Katrina Relief. Included in this total $5700.00 was taken in just in the $10.00 a person door fees; that amount is matched by Bud & Alley?s and the rest was from a great silent auction. Many others just handed us checks, some as large as $500.00. Thanks to all who pitched in from the musicians to the donators to the folks who came for a great evening of music and fellowship. In four days we put together the event through email, posters and word of mouth; it was too late to get it in local newspapers. What a great, caring and involved community we have. :clap_1:

Also: We are also going to give $2500.00 out of the total towards two planeloads of supplies to go directly to Ocean Springs Mississippi; Glen Seawell of Seaside has taken one trip to drop off supplies already. The mayor of Ocean Springs made a direct plea for help for formula, diapers etc? Contact Glen, 543-7745. or the Seaside Chapel if you want to sponsor more flights.

Dave Rauschkolb

Bud & Alley?s Restaurant, Seaside Florida

Mailing address:

P.O. Box 611602

Rosemary Beach Florida

Special Events & Weddings

850-865-1061 Direct Cellular

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks Dave!

It was a great event with generous folks, great food and music, and a beautiful sunset. There were quite a few folks from NOLA there that can't wait to start rebuilding their lives and their city.

Dave was an entertaining MC on the microphone and at one point asked the crowd where Smiling Joe was. I left a few minutes before SJ arrived and closed it out.

Here are some photos: http://sowal.com/photos-090505.html

0500905-seaside-057.jpg

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
$31,000+! :clap_1: Wonderful news, Dave. Thanks for hosting and inviting us. I had a marvelous time, esp. watching you trying to Contra Dance with the ladies.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
What a great community! Congrats to all!

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
I could always count on David for nice gifts for my local Junior League in GA that focuses on helping children in need. He's probably glad that I'm now a sustainer and not bugging him for donations (just kidding - he was always willing to help). Thanks, David!

kurt said:
Thanks Dave!

It was a great event with generous folks, great food and music, and a beautiful sunset. There were quite a few folks from NOLA there that can't wait to start rebuilding their lives and their city.

Dave was an entertaining MC on the microphone and at one point asked the crowd where Smiling Joe was. I left a few minutes before SJ arrived and closed it out.

Here are some photos: http://sowal.com/photos-090505.html
I met quite a few that had wandered into SoWal with no real idea of what it was about. More than a few have chosen our corner of the planet to re-start and rebuild their lives. Several commented about how the sense of community and caring rivaled NOLA. I have never met more impassioned and resilient folk.

Especially given the uncertainty about NOLA, they are having to make very difficult family, school and biz decisions in real time. Damn, that HAS to be wrenchingly tough. I think their huge hearts and souls will be a welcome addition to SoWal. Welcome NOLA!!

BTW, Gator sez he is about to hire the best chefs in alla NOLA to work at Blue Orleans, they got no where else to be. Blue Orleans only gettin better, and may have to get bigger...
:cool: :clap_1: