• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AubieSue82

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
We just returned from a week on Sanibel, and used the delivery service offered by one of the grocery stores on the island. For $25 they delivered all the groceries to our condo, unpacked them, and put them in the fridge/freezer---all there before we even arrived. It was absolutely fabulous, and made the trip SO much nicer. I would say it bought us an extra day on the beach. I am now totally spoiled!

Are there any similar types of services in Grayton/Seagrove area? I saw some posts from last year about Beach Butlers, but that sounds like it could get pretty expensive. Any others that anyone knows about?

Thanks!

Susan

apsies

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2007
I don't have an answer to that question, but hopefully I can post one of my own for you to answer! We usually vacation in Sanibel but have decided to visit Seagrove this year, do you vacation both places? And how to they compare (they seem very different, but each charming in their own ways). Thanks!!

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I don't have an answer to that question, but hopefully I can post one of my own for you to answer! We usually vacation in Sanibel but have decided to visit Seagrove this year, do you vacation both places? And how to they compare (they seem very different, but each charming in their own ways). Thanks!!

:welcome:
We used to vacation in Sanibel also. I still love it there because of the tropical feel, wildlife and seashells but I would never go in the water. I waded along the shore collecting sand dollars and shells but never ever got in past my ankles. I love Seagrove ( Sowal) because of the clarity of the water and incredibly white sand. The first couple of times we visited were in the summer and the water was 85 degrees and crystal clear. You could stand shoulder deep and see your toes. I was amazed. I felt safe going in because I could see jellyfish, rays, fish or whatever. Once you experience it you may never go back. It truly is breathtaking.

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
We honeymooned on Sanibel 25 years ago this month...Sundial was the resort we stayed at. Guessing Bailey's is the market that delivers groceries there? Stil have many seashells around the house from Sanibel.

...and ask my wife Stacy about us wallowing in the mud flats at Captiva digging for unique shells in 95 degree, 95% humidity weather...dunno if she ever forgot that trip!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I do it for 10% of the bill and $15 dollar stocking fee.......or I can just drop and go without a stocking fee.:clap_1:
Jim, do you have a minimum? 10% of the bill would save me from my every other day run to the grocery, but you would be losing money in gas alone, not to mention time, with my short list. Even if my bill is $100, $10 to you would probably not be worth if for the 45minutes to an hour that it would take you to do the task.

Last edited: