• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bear

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
My wife and I have considered providing this type of service. I have allways just wondered how well this sort of service would do? We were also planing an Eat out In service where we would deliver from local restaurants, which was very popular where we used to live in Austin Tx. What do you guys think?

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
Jim, do you have a minimum? 10% of the bill would save me from my every other day run to the grocery, but you would be losing money in gas alone, not to mention time, with my short list. Even if my bill is $100, $10 to you would probably not be worth if for the 45minutes to an hour that it would take you to do the task

Joe: to answer that question! it's not always about the $$..people who know me. know that it's about helping out and spreading the vibe! Pura vida!
sure it would be nice if people always had a big order but as you can see there are alot of other guys out there trying to make it in this market. I've been doing this for 5 years now and seen them come and go! I don't need the whole pie just some!;-)

Bobbi Griggs

Beach Comber
Sep 3, 2006
The Beach Butlers continues to provide an exclusive grocery shopping and delivery service to visitors and guests along the Florida Panhandle. Outstanding service has been provided with commitment to quality. Visit www.thebeachbutlers.com - the most requested shopping service from Panama City Beach to Destin.

AubieSue82

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I actually had to think about this for a while! I think the main differences between Sanibel and SOWal are:

Sanibel has plenty of casual, family friendly restaurants, Sowal does not. This is fine if you don't want to eat out with your kids, but if you do, you have to drive many miles to the Destin area to find a good casual kid-friendly restaurant.

Sanibel, being an island, was more self-contained, and we felt totally comfortable letting our kids ride their bikes down to the DQ or 7-11. The main commercial drag is about a block away from the beach road, so there's not much traffic on the road that runs closest to the beach.

The water is just as pretty at both places. Sanibel's beach was very flat, and the water was very shallow--knee deep---a great distance out. Very little surf (when we were there). Great shells! Sowal better for swimming and boogie boarding.

Sowal has a lot of single-family houses, so there's more available to rent if you have a big group. Sanibel's beachfront properties are mainly condos. Most have at least a pool, and many have tennis courts.

Sanibel's twice as far away as Sowal!

All in all I love both places, but I wish Sowal would have more of the casual feel that Sanibel does. (Like it was in the olden days!)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
We just returned from a week on Sanibel, and used the delivery service offered by one of the grocery stores on the island. For $25 they delivered all the groceries to our condo, unpacked them, and put them in the fridge/freezer---all there before we even arrived. It was absolutely fabulous, and made the trip SO much nicer. I would say it bought us an extra day on the beach. I am now totally spoiled!

Are there any similar types of services in Grayton/Seagrove area? I saw some posts from last year about Beach Butlers, but that sounds like it could get pretty expensive. Any others that anyone knows about?

Thanks!

Susan

There are a variety of concierge services, but there are also supermarkets and a variety of mom and pop specialty food stores right on the beach so you wouldn't be trekking to a far away store.