• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Carousel has great prices on wine, but I don't buy meat from them. I've only seen them selling USDA Select grade, same as Wal-Mart. Select will work for stew meat, but for steaks I'd buy Choice. Bruno's sells Certified Angus Beef which is a name brand choice grade- they have some great sales from time to time. (Yeah, I'm strange. I stop at grocery stores during my day to check out the meat department:D)

IBD, where on 15th is this grocery, and what is it's name?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Carousel has great prices on wine, but I don't buy meat from them. I've only seen them selling USDA Select grade, same as Wal-Mart. Select will work for stew meat, but for steaks I'd buy Choice. Bruno's sells Certified Angus Beef which is a name brand choice grade- they have some great sales from time to time. (Yeah, I'm strange. I stop at grocery stores during my day to check out the meat department:D)

IBD, where on 15th is this grocery, and what is it's name?

it is right by the big baptist church where you take a right turn to go to Uncle Ernies, Hunts, etc. a gas station is in front of it....it is called Discount Grocery

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
[/b]

it is right by the big baptist church where you take a right turn to go to Uncle Ernies, Hunts, etc. a gas station is in front of it....it is called Discount Grocery

Thanks, I'll have to stop in!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I've been told that WaterColor Publix is the most profitable per sq ft of all Publix stores. I believe it, because it is half the size of most, and I regularly stand behind people in line whose total comes to over $500. Everything is more expensive in SoWal, however, I recently went to Kelly's Grocery in Freeport, and they had less selection and some of their prices were much more than Publix.

I tried Kelly's this weekend. Their meat is definitely cheaper than Publix by several dollars a pound.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I found Kelly's meat, produce, and cheese prices to be significantly lower than Publix.
Alcohol was comparable or slightly higher than Publix.
Specialty/impulse buy items seemed higher.
I don't know how they compared on other items as I don't know those prices off the top of my head.