• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

greenstreet

Beach Comber
Jan 17, 2007
We're coming into town for spring break with parents and grandparents who like to "eat well." We have the following places in mind: Fish Out of Water, Cafe 30-A, Basmatti's, Gravel Road and Criollas. What are we missing? No fried seafood joints (although we love them personally, especially Snapperheads), and not too far from 30-A.

Thanks for the help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Borago

phillycheese

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2007
Sandestin
It's not fine dining, but try out Stinky's Fish Camp. For fine dining, try Criolla's, Borago, and Onano. All are great. Also, Destin Chops is opening this week.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
I'de pass on Bargo, unless they have just done it, they have not changed their menu in two years.
The places that moved from NO are the most innovative, D&K, Fire.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hi Greenstreet,

The following link is a wealth of information, RE: one of the best restaurants, in the area! http://www.restaurantfire.com It doesn't hurt that one of their pheonominal server's, happens to be my son!:love: Russ is very "customer centered", like his mom!;-) From all that I've heard, you'll enjoy a wonderful experience! I haven't been back to the area, but, can't wait till I do! The following is a previous thread, where they rec'd rave reviews, as well! http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=16739&highlight=fire+restaurant Have a safe trip and enjoy!

Diane:D
We're coming into town for spring break with parents and grandparents who like to "eat well." We have the following places in mind: Fish Out of Water, Cafe 30-A, Basmatti's, Gravel Road and Criollas. What are we missing? No fried seafood joints (although we love them personally, especially Snapperheads), and not too far from 30-A.

Thanks for the help.

weimowner

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2008
Seering's Piano Cafe' at Redfish Village!! Small, quaint great selection of Wines and Liquors. Small menu but executed very well. Plus David Seering performs ususally Tues-Sat. Dinner only. He is the best pianist I have ever heard with a mighty voice. His Phantom of the Opera is not to be missed. Also great bar staff with Jimmy Engle, part time stand-up, and Bob 'at the Bar' Matthews. Definitely a must!!;-)