• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Brand new to surfing but an incredible skateboarder. I think he only needs to get up one time and he will be a prince of the waves.
Right now he has a shortboard that we got cheap cheap cheap but he needs a longboard too.....

Am I spoiling him? :dunno: Setting him up for a life with his wife saying, "you have to get rid of some boards before you get a new one." Of course I hear the same thing about my bikes and kayaks so he's going to blame his mother either way.

SeaGroovy

Beach Comber
Sep 8, 2007
Seagrove
My son is new to surfing, but he's athletic and an experienced skimboarder. What would you recommend as a starter board, and do you have a used one to sell? He's 12, about 5 ft tall, 85 pounds.

We saw those three huge bull sharks up close and personal last year at Santa Rosa Beach Club, and he's been leery of surfing in the Gulf ever since. But I think if he had a board, he'd be too tempted to stay scared.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
The cool thing about the sharks here is that USUALLY they are spotted early and everyone vacates the water until they pass. Look how clear that water is. Of course, if the surf is up the water isn't clear....shoot, now I'm skeered!!!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
The cool thing about the sharks here is that USUALLY they are spotted early and everyone vacates the water until they pass. Look how clear that water is. Of course, if the surf is up the water isn't clear....shoot, now I'm skeered!!!

I was out last weekend with my buddy Rob. We were talking and he looks down below and says I may want to get my legs up. I look down a shark glided right under me!:yikes: You know the really sick part is we didn't get out. The waves were really going off and I felt we had just as much right to work that point as he did!

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Yeah but you screamed like a girl when that little bunny rabbit hopped across your path! :rotfl:

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
:lol:
Details, please.
Playing Hide-go-Seek with the little guy...thought BJ was being chased by a bear. He was screaming and protecting his juggler. Then a little baby bunny hopped out of the bushes.

Oh, btw, did I mention we were in the parking lot of Publix?