• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Hi:

I'm planning on going to what I believe is called the Old Florida Fish House (or something like that) this weekend for dinner. It's located where the Luna Del Mar restaurant used to be on the lake and opened recently. Does anyone know the phone number so I can confirm they are open and make reservations. I remember that someone has a son who is a waiter there and raved about the place and wanted us to ask for him as our waiter. Anyway, does anyone know the exact name and phone number of the restaurant. Thanks much. Can't wait to get to SoWal...

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Old Florida Fish House & Bar
5235 East County Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
850-534-3045

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Paula said:
Hi:

I'm planning on going to what I believe is called the Old Florida Fish House (or something like that) this weekend for dinner. It's located where the Luna Del Mar restaurant used to be on the lake and opened recently. Does anyone know the phone number so I can confirm they are open and make reservations. I remember that someone has a son who is a waiter there and raved about the place and wanted us to ask for him as our waiter. Anyway, does anyone know the exact name and phone number of the restaurant. Thanks much. Can't wait to get to SoWal...
Yeah, Diane4145 will be pissed if you don't ask for her son to wait on you.

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
Ate there last week for first time. You will really enjoy---very good. I doubt you would need any reservation. It seats (I have been told) 300. None of our favorite places were crowded this time of year.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Yeah, Diane4145 will be pissed if you don't ask for her son to wait on you.

I forgot to tell y'all! We did not get served by Russ, but I asked for him to come see us and he did! What a wonderful young man he is...Diane is understandably proud!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Sueshore said:
I forgot to tell y'all! We did not get served by Russ, but I asked for him to come see us and he did! What a wonderful young man he is...Diane is understandably proud!

I second that emotion Miss Kitty. He'd make any Mother proud! That was a fun night! Seems like it was a loooonnnnnng time ago now!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Thanks, everyone. I've wanted to try this restaurant since it opened and will finally get a chance. I'll call them and ask to be seated at one of Russ's tables.

And let's hope they stay in business if they're that good. I always feel badly for the places that go out of business! (Coming from a family of small business owners, I know how much work it is)

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Just returned from the weekend in SoWal. Great weather. Went to Old Florida Fish House twice -- it was fantastic. One time I was with a friend who was quite fussy about her fish (she wanted tuna cooked rare and told me she'd said it back if it wasn't right) and she said it was fantastic. All of us loved our meal. So, I highly recommend it.

I also asked for Russ to be our waiter (because his mother suggested we do so in one of her postings) and he was as wonderful as his mother said he was.

I also enjoyed Shades by the Loop (great oyster po'boy for only $7.95 -- I just ate the oysters and left the roll) and the Fonville Press coffee shop with wireless Internet and lots of magazines at Alys Beach (it was quiet on the weekend but noisy on Monday when construction started up again).

I miss SoWal already and can't wait to go back between Christmas and New Years.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Old Florida does a good job at the sushi bar, too. Nice to have a replacement for Cafe 30A, which doesn't serve sushi anymore.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
I didn't even know it served sushi. The kids love sushi (as do we), so it's nice to know there's a place close to us that serves it. Thanks. I really like the nice winding path to the restaurant as well. Very inviting. I agree that it's nice to have some competition for Cafe 30A (which we also enjoy). I hope Old Florida stays in business for a long, long time.