• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Also by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole is:

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2Jt4WOxN8[/nomedia].

If you can't find a musician, do the boombox.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Wedding music! :love: So many great ideas here...may I suggest another...;-)

Glamorous by Fergie

"If you ain't got no money take your broke a$$ home!"

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I went to a beautiful wedding in Seagrove a while back that only had the music of the waves. I loved it!

Right after we bought property in Seagrove, we were staying on Eastern Green at Rosemary because we had a meeting with an architect. Daughter was 15. There was a wedding on Eastern Green catered by Chef Paul of the now defunct Chef Paul's restaurant in Carillon and Panos and Paul's in Atlanta. There were musicians for the wedding, but apparently they only paid for them to play prior to and during the ceremony. We were watching the celebration from our balcony. During the reception daughter asked us if she could play for them. We saw no problem with that. She stood on the balcony playing her violin totally from memory. The wedding party and guests just loved it. The bride and groom asked us to join the celebration. It was a lovely evening. :love: Of course, daughter did it for free.

Last edited:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Right after we bought property in Seagrove, we were staying on Eastern Green at Rosemary because we had a meeting with an architect. Daughter was 15. There was a wedding on Eastern Green catered by Chef Paul of the now defunct Chef Paul's restaurant in Carillon and Panos and Paul's in Atlanta. There were musicians for the wedding, but apparently they only paid for them to play prior to and during the ceremony. We were watching the celebration from our balcony. During the reception daughter asked us if she could play for them. We saw no problem with that. She stood on the balcony playing her violin totally from memory. The wedding party and guests just loved it. The bride and groom asked us to join the celebration. It was a lovely evening. :love: Of course, daughter did it for free.

This is exactly something my son would've done too.

Now that your daughter and my son are older it's not quite the same as when they were children but wonderful memories for us as parents.

My son played Saint-Saens The Swan for Holy Thursday when he was 15. There wasn't a dry eye in the sanctuary. :love:

He is playing for a wedding ceremony next month and will play several of the Bach Suites which is perfect since he has them learned for Jan. '09 auditions.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
You can almost always find CD's of classic wedding music anywhere. Use a boombox and wrap it in a white table cloth or sheet behind the arch or whatever your using if any. It should be just enough and not too intrusive.
Pay close attention to the "wedding" threads!:D

Johnrudy is right.

BTW Canon is of course always classic wedding (although probably overdone). Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, is also great...anything Bach... the Water Music by Handel.

These are suggestions from a violinist friend of mine who solos at weddings virtually every weekend.
I love Handel's Water Music! :clap: Beautiful!!!

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
Just use the boombox, hidden away somewhere, just make sure someone tests it first so they know it's loud enough and burn all the tracks on to one cd in order of when they're to be played. You can burn one CD for music while everyone is sitting/waiting. And then another with the ceremony music on it in order.

Of all the weddings I've been to, the ones with the processional music that stick out the most in my mind are the ones who used unexpected music or something very special to them. Like, Til Kingdom Come by Coldplay. That one was lovely. One of my friends used Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine which was just very much their style. Beautiful Day by U2 makes a great recessional, although it's been done a lot.

At my wedding, I chose to mix it up a little and used Water Music for the processional and then Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer for the recessional. We used music from Legends of the Fall for the time while everyone was being seated and waiting.

Don't feel restricted to "wedding music". It can be really fun to pick something that really means something special to you.