• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

concern citizen

Beach Crab
Feb 22, 2009
how did you use a device you did not believe in

Mr. Coraine.....

I have a few questions in regards to "your side of the story". How many tickets did you write where you used the instrument for the breath test? I am sure as an officer you know they are very accurate and if it showed that the instrument showed a false reading from a radio they would do it again. Why did you not have faith in the instrument that you yourself used? Can the deputy giving the breath test change the results or was you using your dislike for another deputy as an excuse to get out of a ticket? Also how did your court date go for the dui? Most people get their license suspended for a year when found guilty. But I am sure you still have your license since the whole thing was thrown out as you stated.

Also if you did not want any "favors" because you were a deputy, what made you think you had a right to request another officer? I guess if I don't like the officer that pulls me over I have the right to request another one. I don't think so. I get the feeling that you were guilty of all charges but you were using your beef with Hogaboom to get off. If I were not guilty I would fight no matter what.

I also don't see where Hogaboom failing his Sgt test recently has anything to do with this as I am sure many other fine officers took the test and failed. I know a few people who have dealt with him and say he is one of the finest officers and goes out of his way to help people. I think that the guilty protest the loudest and if you were not guilty you would still be fighting for your job which I also believe that if Ralph Johnson was still in office you would have now. But since we the citizens have decided that Ralph Johnson made promises he could not keep and did not do the job he needed to do, we voted in someone who could. Ralph Johnson only wanted the union to tie the hands of the incoming Sheriff and I also believe that alot of the deputies who also wanted the union, did so because they knew they were not qualified for the positions that they held and felt in jeopardy of those positions.

Also your comment about lazy officers was way out of line. If you knew there were as you say lazy officers on duty why did you not notify the Sheriff of them. To me you were doing a big disservice to the community by allowing them to keep there jobs instead of alerting the Sheriff to the fact they did not do their job. I guess you were the only one out of all the officers who signed up to become a SGT to do your job since you got the position. I know for a fact you are wrong. I know plenty of officers who did the best job and is still doing a great job that does not hold the SGTs position. They were black balled because they knew the last administration was crooked and spoke out when things were not done right.

I know I would not want you back in the Walton County Sheriff Office as a deputy because you have no faith in your fellow officers, the devices you used to make an arrest and because you failed to realize you were not a SOWAL Deputy but a Walton County Deputy.

I would like to know how your court date went though. So if you want the whole truth out why don't you tell the whole truth. I think this is nothing but sour grapes by yet another deputy who was in the wrong but felt like he should have been above the law and the only thing the deputies invovled did was hold you accountable for your actions when you thought they should have covered your butt.

Get a grip and if your innocent then fight for your job the right way and not on a forum where the whole truth is never put out there.

Concerned Citizen of Walton County.........not just SOWAL.....

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Concerned Citizen
Obviously you have never been on the ground floor when a Union was organized and the back stabbing that occurs on both sides of the issue. As for your opinion of qualifacations, define what the qualifacations were, was there a test given, was education a factor, was the persons evaluations used? I am curious seeing as you seem to have some knowledge of the process. As for requesting a different officer to administer a test, maybe had that happened there would not have been a dismissal in the court. Let me give you a fictional scenerio, lets say that I am dating an the (ex significant other) of a deputy. Lets say I get pulled over for whatever by that deputies significant other. Rather than having any appearance of possible impropriety what should the deputy do? Arrest me and take the chance for reasonable doubt or get someone else to assist to prevent the reasonable doubt. According to the courts Corraine was only found guilty of the speeding, as to everything else I suppose reasonable doubt existed. As for Deputy Hogeboom I have met him and worked with him at times, and I believe he is a fine Deputy.

Mr. Coraine.....

I have a few questions in regards to "your side of the story". How many tickets did you write where you used the instrument for the breath test? I am sure as an officer you know they are very accurate and if it showed that the instrument showed a false reading from a radio they would do it again. Why did you not have faith in the instrument that you yourself used? Can the deputy giving the breath test change the results or was you using your dislike for another deputy as an excuse to get out of a ticket? Also how did your court date go for the dui? Most people get their license suspended for a year when found guilty. But I am sure you still have your license since the whole thing was thrown out as you stated.

Also if you did not want any "favors" because you were a deputy, what made you think you had a right to request another officer? I guess if I don't like the officer that pulls me over I have the right to request another one. I don't think so. I get the feeling that you were guilty of all charges but you were using your beef with Hogaboom to get off. If I were not guilty I would fight no matter what.

I also don't see where Hogaboom failing his Sgt test recently has anything to do with this as I am sure many other fine officers took the test and failed. I know a few people who have dealt with him and say he is one of the finest officers and goes out of his way to help people. I think that the guilty protest the loudest and if you were not guilty you would still be fighting for your job which I also believe that if Ralph Johnson was still in office you would have now. But since we the citizens have decided that Ralph Johnson made promises he could not keep and did not do the job he needed to do, we voted in someone who could. Ralph Johnson only wanted the union to tie the hands of the incoming Sheriff and I also believe that alot of the deputies who also wanted the union, did so because they knew they were not qualified for the positions that they held and felt in jeopardy of those positions.

Also your comment about lazy officers was way out of line. If you knew there were as you say lazy officers on duty why did you not notify the Sheriff of them. To me you were doing a big disservice to the community by allowing them to keep there jobs instead of alerting the Sheriff to the fact they did not do their job. I guess you were the only one out of all the officers who signed up to become a SGT to do your job since you got the position. I know for a fact you are wrong. I know plenty of officers who did the best job and is still doing a great job that does not hold the SGTs position. They were black balled because they knew the last administration was crooked and spoke out when things were not done right.

I know I would not want you back in the Walton County Sheriff Office as a deputy because you have no faith in your fellow officers, the devices you used to make an arrest and because you failed to realize you were not a SOWAL Deputy but a Walton County Deputy.

I would like to know how your court date went though. So if you want the whole truth out why don't you tell the whole truth. I think this is nothing but sour grapes by yet another deputy who was in the wrong but felt like he should have been above the law and the only thing the deputies invovled did was hold you accountable for your actions when you thought they should have covered your butt.

Get a grip and if your innocent then fight for your job the right way and not on a forum where the whole truth is never put out there.

Concerned Citizen of Walton County.........not just SOWAL.....

Gotta love a first post like that. Let's hope you don't disappear from SoWal.com now.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Concerned Citizen
Obviously you have never been on the ground floor when a Union was organized and the back stabbing that occurs on both sides of the issue. As for your opinion of qualifacations, define what the qualifacations were, was there a test given, was education a factor, was the persons evaluations used? I am curious seeing as you seem to have some knowledge of the process. As for requesting a different officer to administer a test, maybe had that happened there would not have been a dismissal in the court. Let me give you a fictional scenerio, lets say that I am dating an the (ex significant other) of a deputy. Lets say I get pulled over for whatever by that deputies significant other. Rather than having any appearance of possible impropriety what should the deputy do? Arrest me and take the chance for reasonable doubt or get someone else to assist to prevent the reasonable doubt. According to the courts Corraine was only found guilty of the speeding, as to everything else I suppose reasonable doubt existed. As for Deputy Hogeboom I have met him and worked with him at times, and I believe he is a fine Deputy.

The first time I read your post, I just scanned it and totally missed the part about it being a fictional scenario. I was sitting here like :shock:.

It's time to ditch the board for the evening; afraid it's going to be a long day tomorrow, again. :cool: