• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JamBone

Beach Fanatic
Jan 24, 2008
SRB FL
all natural poison free cows eat the same foods that the typical poisoned cows eat but there are several differences in this rearing process. the cows live unconfined on wide open ranges and graze freely. they interact socially in this natural state and their dispositions and stress level are level and low. they grow slower and are alive longer and develop deeper layers of flavor than the poor speed raised bovines. they still develop the same beautiful fat marbling characteristics but the fat is more evenly woven amongst the tissue and the balance and texture is exquisite. when the cows are finished on grain to capture these last little nuggets of glorious fat lines they do so in a much less congested environment so as to further keep the stress down. when these creatures are then transported to their final destinations they are handles with care and are not over crowded on the trucks or trains that they travel on. this allows them to still remain calm and less stressed and comfortable. then when the time comes they are led to the the happy zone all alone and are not forced to witness the end of their brothers and sisters flesh experience. this keeps them completely stress free until they are given to us. this is important because when an animal is stressed it releases adrenaline and lactic acid throughout its system and into it muscle tissue. this taints the flesh and constricts the muscles and leaves tougher meat and less than superior flavor. happy cows taste better!! and it just seems to be a nicer way to do it - imho.

we use whole primal cuts of chuck, sirloin and brisket for our burgers here at jambone.

so much "burger" meat sold is not just chuck but off varietals and organs and glands as well as injected water to stretch the profit dollar of the manufacturers and help keep costs down to the consumer hopefully. we as consumers are very familiar with this taste as well because most fast food places use this. that is why they can sell you a burger for so cheap. there isnt really anything wrong with this - i am a fan of 100% use of the animal - its just not "hamburger"

chuck is the classic hamburger meat. the texture and flavor most would recognize very quickly when grilling out burgers at home. it has a natural muscle to fat ratio of about 80% muscle to 20% fat. this is standard. "fat" is what makes a burger "juicy" - the juice isnt a liquid in a REAL burger - its FAT. 80/20 just isnt fatty enough to be considered a JUICY burger so we add...

brisket. a full cap on brisket is an incredibly sexy piece of meat. the flesh has a more full meadow profile and the fat is so silky and flavorful. this cut is close to 50% muscle and 50% fat. this is the same brisket cut that we smoke for bbq and it is also the same cut used in corned beef.

we combine equal parts chuck and brisket to get down to the desired fatty ration we want for that extra jUICY burger.

we then take sirloin which is a cut that we add to "finish" the flavor and texture structure. sirloin is very very lean so we only use a little and what it does is give that "steak" flavor to the grind and help hold the texture together as all that great fat is melting away around it.

we shoot for a 68/32 ration which is just above sausage and is juicy and meaty all at the same time.

the grind...

we hand cut the whole primals into useable sized chuck for grinding. this is done in the walkin cooler prep station.

we blend the cuts and then grind the meat. we installed our grinder in the walkin cooler as well. the meat stays COLD and this is important.

we then hand weigh to 6 oz and hand patty - also in the walkin cooler. we prefer a six oz patty and think it is the perfect size to handle and to consume for the average person. a double patty can be ordered for a slight up charge for those with a larger appetite.

back to the COLD part... when flesh and fat are ground together properly this emulsified state is called the "BLOOM" and keeping the bloom is the final secret to a perfect burger. as opposed to the fat completely running out of the burger as it is grilled much of it stays emulsified within the flesh and the mouth feel and juicy factor is where we want it.

to cook a burger...

this debate will go on for centuries and has been and i wont argue with anyones preferences. here are some facts though and it is what made us decide to cook ours in the fashion that we do.
the convective air current of an 800 degree charcoal or wood fired or gas fired grill surely gives a distinct flavor that cant be denied. it taste like the backyard and a cookout and the flavor is unique. but it dries out the burger rapidly and with no remorse. you would definitely want to eat your burger rare to keep the juice. grilling a burger over a 400 degree chunk of cast iron the way we have chosen does a couple things. it cooks a little slower and more even. its allowed to stay juicy by sizzling in its own fat without falling out between the grates. there is no supercharged convective air to dry out the meat.

at jambone we cook our burgers right around medium unless otherwise requested. we dont ask you at the register because part of our process and philosophy is to be fast and get your food to you quickly and hot and when cooks are overwhelmed with different orders and temperatures it slows us down. you are always more than welcome to ask for your burger to be cook to your desired liking and we will always be happy to accommodate.

we toast our kaiser rolls always over the griddle with a brush of butter, extra virgin olive oil and sauteed garlic. we season our burgers before cooking with bad byrons butt rub for that signature jambone flavor. your burger comes with our house spicy shoestring fries and the burger is 7.95

i hope you come by for a burger sometime because jamboen isnt just a bbq joint...

we are a hardwood joint!

mwah!!

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
all natural poison free cows eat the same foods that the typical poisoned cows eat but there are several differences in this rearing process. the cows live unconfined on wide open ranges and graze freely. they interact socially in this natural state and their dispositions and stress level are level and low. they grow slower and are alive longer and develop deeper layers of flavor than the poor speed raised bovines. they still develop the same beautiful fat marbling characteristics but the fat is more evenly woven amongst the tissue and the balance and texture is exquisite. when the cows are finished on grain to capture these last little nuggets of glorious fat lines they do so in a much less congested environment so as to further keep the stress down. when these creatures are then transported to their final destinations they are handles with care and are not over crowded on the trucks or trains that they travel on. this allows them to still remain calm and less stressed and comfortable. then when the time comes they are led to the the happy zone all alone and are not forced to witness the end of their brothers and sisters flesh experience. this keeps them completely stress free until they are given to us. this is important because when an animal is stressed it releases adrenaline and lactic acid throughout its system and into it muscle tissue. this taints the flesh and constricts the muscles and leaves tougher meat and less than superior flavor. happy cows taste better!! and it just seems to be a nicer way to do it - imho.

we use whole primal cuts of chuck, sirloin and brisket for our burgers here at jambone.

so much "burger" meat sold is not just chuck but off varietals and organs and glands as well as injected water to stretch the profit dollar of the manufacturers and help keep costs down to the consumer hopefully. we as consumers are very familiar with this taste as well because most fast food places use this. that is why they can sell you a burger for so cheap. there isnt really anything wrong with this - i am a fan of 100% use of the animal - its just not "hamburger"

chuck is the classic hamburger meat. the texture and flavor most would recognize very quickly when grilling out burgers at home. it has a natural muscle to fat ratio of about 80% muscle to 20% fat. this is standard. "fat" is what makes a burger "juicy" - the juice isnt a liquid in a REAL burger - its FAT. 80/20 just isnt fatty enough to be considered a JUICY burger so we add...

brisket. a full cap on brisket is an incredibly sexy piece of meat. the flesh has a more full meadow profile and the fat is so silky and flavorful. this cut is close to 50% muscle and 50% fat. this is the same brisket cut that we smoke for bbq and it is also the same cut used in corned beef.

we combine equal parts chuck and brisket to get down to the desired fatty ration we want for that extra jUICY burger.

we then take sirloin which is a cut that we add to "finish" the flavor and texture structure. sirloin is very very lean so we only use a little and what it does is give that "steak" flavor to the grind and help hold the texture together as all that great fat is melting away around it.

we shoot for a 68/32 ration which is just above sausage and is juicy and meaty all at the same time.

the grind...

we hand cut the whole primals into useable sized chuck for grinding. this is done in the walkin cooler prep station.

we blend the cuts and then grind the meat. we installed our grinder in the walkin cooler as well. the meat stays COLD and this is important.

we then hand weigh to 6 oz and hand patty - also in the walkin cooler. we prefer a six oz patty and think it is the perfect size to handle and to consume for the average person. a double patty can be ordered for a slight up charge for those with a larger appetite.

back to the COLD part... when flesh and fat are ground together properly this emulsified state is called the "BLOOM" and keeping the bloom is the final secret to a perfect burger. as opposed to the fat completely running out of the burger as it is grilled much of it stays emulsified within the flesh and the mouth feel and juicy factor is where we want it.

to cook a burger...

this debate will go on for centuries and has been and i wont argue with anyones preferences. here are some facts though and it is what made us decide to cook ours in the fashion that we do.
the convective air current of an 800 degree charcoal or wood fired or gas fired grill surely gives a distinct flavor that cant be denied. it taste like the backyard and a cookout and the flavor is unique. but it dries out the burger rapidly and with no remorse. you would definitely want to eat your burger rare to keep the juice. grilling a burger over a 400 degree chunk of cast iron the way we have chosen does a couple things. it cooks a little slower and more even. its allowed to stay juicy by sizzling in its own fat without falling out between the grates. there is no supercharged convective air to dry out the meat.

at jambone we cook our burgers right around medium unless otherwise requested. we dont ask you at the register because part of our process and philosophy is to be fast and get your food to you quickly and hot and when cooks are overwhelmed with different orders and temperatures it slows us down. you are always more than welcome to ask for your burger to be cook to your desired liking and we will always be happy to accommodate.

we toast our kaiser rolls always over the griddle with a brush of butter, extra virgin olive oil and sauteed garlic. we season our burgers before cooking with bad byrons butt rub for that signature jambone flavor. your burger comes with our house spicy shoestring fries and the burger is 7.95

i hope you come by for a burger sometime because jamboen isnt just a bbq joint...

we are a hardwood joint!

mwah!!

Happy cows make me a happy boy. You guys have that burger thing down pat, no pun intended.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
Jambone, you and I would get along great, lol.

I will definitely try a burger at your establishment on my next trip down.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If I can just move past the BBQ brisket plate, sandwich, BBQ chicken tenders, smoked oysters, and nachos I'll have to try the hamburger. You guys rock!

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal

the grind...

to cook a burger...

we are a hardwood joint!

mwah!!

Wow! All that for $7.95?

IMHO, it is one of the best burgers offered on this planet. Quality and value are tops. Thank you Jambone.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
then when the time comes they are led to the the happy zone all alone and are not forced to witness the end of their brothers and sisters flesh experience.

i don't know about flesh experience...but i know i'm led to my personal happy zone when i eat jambone hamburgers...

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Jambones Big Nasty Burger rocks!!! And I am addicted to your fries!!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
OMG, you are killing me!! I'm dieting until we come down in May and usually our first meal is seafood-you have me wanting a burger at your place for my 1st vacation meal. My mouth is soooooo watering!