• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
pk305, the resurrection of this thread is what we all need to see. I guarantee you that most everyone who bought property is reminded of their own story when seeing this one.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
True!

pk305, the resurrection of this thread is what we all need to see. I guarantee you that most everyone who bought property is reminded of their own story when seeing this one.

sooooo true, SJ....so many have their own battle scars from all this....some much worse....IF only this were the worst battle that any of us would ever have!!

Today, am STILL beyond thankful for being able to enjoy this beautiful paradise, year after year, with my family:love: and friends....the memories are priceless.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just remember it's a cycle, at some point someone's going to drag this thread back up and point out not only the good deals of 2006, but the incredible bargains of 2009.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Just remember it's a cycle, at some point someone's going to drag this thread back up and point out not only the good deals of 2006, but the incredible bargains of 2009.

Out of curiousity, when do you think prices will look good enough in the future for todays purchases to look like bargains after factoring in the time value of money and carrying costs for real estate???

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Out of curiousity, when do you think prices will look good enough in the future for todays purchases to look like bargains after factoring in the time value of money and carrying costs for real estate???

At what point is this area going to see a sudden expansion of land with a huge decline in US population?

I'm not saying tomorrow is going to be a land rush, but if you honestly think that in 10-15 years prices will be lower or the same then you're nuts. I realize that you are very much a numbers guy, but most people do the math and throw in the variable of vacations, family time, and just plain old funn. Regardless of taxes, carrying costs, HOA fees, etc most people put a huge value on the others.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
To clarify further I don't think houses built on sand subject to flooding and high winds are ever a good long term investment. I say regarding people who use real estate as purely an investment tool and never use or occupy the houses i.e. flippers.