• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Take a look at the Bungalows in Seagrove. They're a little community and they're close to the beach in a convenient place and they have 1-2 pools and I think they have 2 bedrooms, maybe 2 baths. Not much green/landscaping around them, but some of the units are located in greener parts of the community and that's what I'd be looking for. I think they are well priced (under $200,000 I believe). I don't know how well built they are, but an inspector would tell you. They'd definitely be in my "under $200,000" range if I was looking for a place.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
My Wife and I are looking to buy a condo in the Destin SoWal area. We plan to use it for our own purposes and rent it occasionally. Gulf Place, Hidden Beach Villas, Rollin Tide Villas, Village of Blue Mountain Beach and Seagrove Highlands are the ones we seem to be most interested in. We really only need a studio or one bedroom. I would appreciate anyone's opinion on these, the good and the bad, if anyone would care to share. Thanks.

My husband and I have owned a condo at Hidden Beach Villas since 2005 and I am on the board of directors. All the units are 500 square feet, the assessments are under $300/month, and we are steadily working on improving the grounds and structure. Our management is very competent and the board's on the ball, too. :D If you have any questions, ask away!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
My husband and I have owned a condo at Hidden Beach Villas since 2005 and I am on the board of directors. All the units are 500 square feet, the assessments are under $300/month, and we are steadily working on improving the grounds and structure. Our management is very competent and the board's on the ball, too. :D If you have any questions, ask away!

And a great beach access, not so crowded as some others.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
And a great beach access, not so crowded as some others.

Yes, the Pelayo beach access is wonderful, especially the landing with benches at the top of the bluff. We walk over with cups of coffee in the morning and a nice beverage at sunset. ;-)

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
If you don't mind a studio, you might want to check out Inn at Seacrest Beach. Several studios are for sale and some are under 75K. I stayed there once for a couple of nights and it was just fine ... and a great view of the beach.

I just got back from looking around this weekend and Beachwood is another complex that caught our eye. I do like the fact that Gulf Place is very close to the water. However, a one bedroom there is probably out of our budget and the studios seem very small. I hope to schedule some time to actually view some of these condos soon. I looked at the Cassine Station condo online and it is very nice, but again probably out of our budget.

For the price range you are looking for, Beachwood and Hidden Beach may be your best bet. These are older properties but have excellent beach access right across the street. You are not going to get a big place below $150,000, although if you are willing to walk a bit, you could probably get a larger place in Seagrove Highlands since they are practically giving these condos away. Good luck!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Inn at Seacrest Beach currently has Gulf views. I wouldn't expect that in 5-6 years.

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
Thanks for the comments. We are very intrested in Hidden Beach Villas and Seagrove Highlands. We are not against a studio but we would like a full kitchen. I can't wait to get down there and actually veiw some of these units. Hopefully have our own little slice of paradise by the summer.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
If you don't mind a studio, you might want to check out Inn at Seacrest Beach. Several studios are for sale and some are under 75K. I stayed there once for a couple of nights and it was just fine ... and a great view of the beach.

Great price! What are the dues?

This thread reminds me of when I first started looking - it was so much funn!