• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Glas Designs

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2010
]Just in case some of you don't know yet, Mastercard has informed EFCU that some of their Mastercard Debit/Charge cards have been comprimised. I checked my balance this morning and found out that there were 3 charges that were made on Christmas Eve in California while my card was in my wallet. So, I would check your accounts, all of them, just to make sure this didn't happen to you. All of the cards affected by this comprimise have been cancelled and I hadn't gotten any notice from the bank at all, I think they're overwhelmed with the amount of accounts this has affected.

Last edited:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
While this is a bad situation, I have been a customer of EFCU for about 15 years and have always found them to be very proactive. I'm sure it will be resolved to the good of the members.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
It doesn't hurt to check - the sooner you find it, the sooner you can alert them.

Some rude places have limits on how long you have to report/resolve it.

Glas Designs

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2010
While this is a bad situation, I have been a customer of EFCU for about 15 years and have always found them to be very proactive. I'm sure it will be resolved to the good of the members.

Yes, as have we and they are a great bank to work with. They have taken care of us very well and the situation has already been resolved in our case. I'm curious to find out where the breach of security occured, I know it's not the bank's fault but I'd like to find out who is at fault.

In Bay county, there have been at least twenty people I know personally, including myself, whose bank/debit card info has been compromised. Regions, Innovation Bank, Bank of America...no common denominator found yet. Some bank accounts have been wiped out, some of us were lucky enough to have been called by our banks and informed that attempts were made but denied, as the system recognized that the spending was 'not consistent with' our typical spending pattern.
Innovations alone has had over 300 accounts hit.
Some guess it's a compromised merchant processor, others have said it's Visa's database. But of over 2000 friends on my Facebook page, none of my friends are having been reporting problems except those from the panhandle area.
Check your bank balances daily! I'm hearing now that you should never enter a PIN number, but rather always run your card as credit and sign, to keep your info safe. But I'm ready to go back to checks and cash.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I got hit in October and found that WCSO will not be overly helpful in bringing anybody to justice on it because of the amount involved. At least my bank was helpful. Oh and all my charges were from Blizzard Entertainment. When I contact the company they would not provide me, the guy who supposedly purchased the items any information to protect the privacy of who swiped my card number.

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I am a member of Redstone Federal Credit Union here in Alabama. Got a notice yesterday that the payment processor that processes our debit cards had been compromised. They have closed my debit account and sent new cards. They were very proactive. I am guessing the same processor processes all these cards.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
ID theft assistance/remedies

I am a member of Redstone Federal Credit Union here in Alabama. Got a notice yesterday that the payment processor that processes our debit cards had been compromised. They have closed my debit account and sent new cards. They were very proactive. I am guessing the same processor processes all these cards.

Tools For Victims- Deter. Detect. Defend. Avoid ID Theft

"While dealing with problems resulting from identity theft can be time-consuming and frustrating, most victims can resolve their cases by being assertive, organized, and knowledgeable about their legal rights. These tools are designed to assist you in resolving disputes related to identity theft and in asserting your legal rights."