• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Taking away any chance of physical exercise is absurd. Recess when I was growing up was all about running around so that when we did return to our chairs our heads were cleared and we were ready to focus. How about taking away soda privileges?

SouthernBelle

Beach Comber
Oct 5, 2011
SoWal
I can vouch that this is definitely a county wide thing. My youngin has went to 2 schools in Walton county, although Bay is not one of them. We actually wanted to move to Okaloosa County at one point because it appears the superintendent here has never raised children. (Sorry Mrs. Anderson but that's how you appear) If that place was not ran over with sex-offenders we would not be Sowallers. We had to pick the less of 2 evils and ridiculous schooling beats pedophiles.

Anyway I agree it is stupid to take away their social time and physical play.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I have been a member of the Republican Party most of my adult life. But I do not belong to the Republican Party nor do I owe it blind allegiance. I am troubled by the direction of the party and frankly appalled by the actions that some in Tallahassee have taken in its name.
I firmly believe in the ideals of limited government espoused by Reagan and Goldwater. But I look around and see a governor and legislature that claim the mantle of Republican pass a law that allows bureaucrats in Tallahassee to have more say over how our teachers are paid and even how their job performance is evaluated than our elected local school board. How can you say you are for limited government and government closest to the people and then vote for this? How can you vote for a law that allows Tallahassee bureaucrats more say in whether our children are promoted from one grade to the next than our local teachers, administrators and Superintendent? Is this what now passes for government by the people?