• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Augie

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2012
I live really close and can't say I ever had a real good experience there, I always felt like right before I walked thru the door that I would have to table my patience and understanding to help navigate the sometimes simplest transactions, say you wanted to walk in for an after dinner espresso, not a good idea. Anyway I wish them no ill will or harm, I hope they can get things worked out.

jnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 25, 2011
I too live very close, but we loved La Botana and always had great service and loved the atmosphere. I was very sad to see it closed. La Botana was purchased by the owner of Flip Flop's and they are apparently revamping. I happened to meet the new manager and she was thinking of renaming it Lost Beach. Sounds like it will be a very different place than La Botana was, which is disappointing to me. Also seems a shame to have it closed during such a busy time.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I too live very close, but we loved La Botana and always had great service and loved the atmosphere. I was very sad to see it closed. La Botana was purchased by the owner of Flip Flop's and they are apparently revamping. I happened to meet the new manager and she was thinking of renaming it Lost Beach. Sounds like it will be a very different place than La Botana was, which is disappointing to me. Also seems a shame to have it closed during such a busy time.

thanks for the info! keep us posted...