• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Milly

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2007
Did anyone else feel shaking on Sunday night just before 9:00 pm?
We felt it several times here on Grayton Beach. Kinda weird.

Milly

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2007
Interesting - was it prolonged shake? How long?

Usually it is bombing at Eglin - or who knows what else.

In a span of about 10 minutes there at least 3 series of little shakes that lasted maybe 5 or 6 seconds long. Anyway, we made it fine through the night. The house is right where it was yesterday!

Last edited by a moderator:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I'm over on the east side of Panama City now and I swear I felt tremors this afternoon. Everything was shaking for about 30 seconds and you could see the water in my glass moving. I'm near Tyndall but they don't fire the ordinance over there as far as I know.

Milly

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2007
In a span of about 10 minutes there at least 3 series of little shakes that lasted maybe 5 or 6 seconds long. Anyway, we made it fine through the night. The house is right where it was yesterday!

Okay. It's now Tues. morning around 8:00 am. Felt two more "shakes". A guest who came in last night felt it while in the bed. He got up and asked if anyone else felt it. How about that?

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Okay. It's now Tues. morning around 8:00 am. Felt two more "shakes". A guest who came in last night felt it while in the bed. He got up and asked if anyone else felt it. How about that?

The way you describe it sounds like the bombs at Eglin. Usually three quick blasts. Depending on the size and location of the bombs, it can be earth rattling or just small
tremors.