• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

roger babson

Beach Crab
May 25, 2014
the destin farmers is hurting local farmers.. opened by a business (non farming) it has opened just 5 miles from a real farmers market in fort walton and has reduced traffic by 50%... it has refused okaloosa county farmers entrace on the grounds we sell our produce for much less and it hurts thier businesses and they control what vendors (mostly non farmers) they let in so as to control the prices (price fixing and monopolizing).. local farmers that count on these markets are being bullied out and are now in danger of losing their farms and homes because of greedy businesses and unfair business practices please call the president of the okaloosa county farmers association for more information Roger Babson 850-217-1710. thank you

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Respectfully, it sounds like market competition. Unless you can relay some true and dastardly stuff they are doing that deserves a boycott then you probably won't get much support from the public.

If you sell so much cheaper you shouldn't be afraid of competition. And they are a private entity and can invite or exclude anyone they want, correct?

Part of running a REAL and LOCAL farmers market is educating people on the difference. Calling a boycott is not going to help your sales. Unless you can whip FoWal folks into a frenzy to support you. Why not put your energy into a campaign to get customers and make existing ones happy instead of worrying about competition?

roger babson

Beach Crab
May 25, 2014
please help us boycott grand boulavrd farmers mkt

unfair to okaloosa county farmers.. the same person running the boulevard market was thrown out of the fort walton market for selling premade frozen greek pastries... then she opened a market in destin and refused okaloosa farmers entrance... she was thrown out of destin and is now running the grand market and refusing okaloosa farmers entrance...this woman is purposely hurting local farmers and is in no way a farmer herself just a bakery owner selling premade frozen stuff with a farmers market name... for more info please contact the president of the okaloosa farmers asso. 850-217-1710 and thank you for keeping local food local

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
No I won't. In fact nobody is stopping you from having one yourself.

You can't stamp your feet and demand others allow you to do what you want then threaten them when they don't. Quit being a baby and compete with her or stay over there where you belong.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I understand the desire to keep farmers markets local and with "real farmers" (as defined by whoever). But you cant expect farmers markets in fake places to be real. Aside from Seaside, which does and excellent job, but it is because Jennifer Kuntz wouldn't have it any other way.

Mr. Babson it sounds like you have a feud going on with this particular person and nothing you do is going to help yourself at this point. Boycotts are a time-honored American tradition which should be used for real reasons and real injustices. You are the boy who cried wolf I'm afraid. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was deleted because grinding an axe is not something allowed on this forum.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I heard they even have frozen ice cream. Unbelievable.