• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
She lives in a DR Horton development just off of 98 in South Walton.

Perhaps after the superintendent position she'll take a crack at Cindy's job?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

So just like in other businesses where the top exec can be fired, the hired superintendent here was removed by the school board. It would have been a much more arduous process if this guy had been elected. Electing insures that if the wrong person is in the superintendent's chair, they will be sitting there a lot longer than if they had to be accountable to a board.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
So just like in other businesses where the top exec can be fired, the hired superintendent here was removed by the school board. It would have been a much more arduous process if this guy had been elected. Electing insures that if the wrong person is in the superintendent's chair, they will be sitting there a lot longer than if they had to be accountable to a board.

I've been in favor of an appointed superintendent for years, but it doesn't do any good at this point to keep arguing that point since the referendum was defeated. And discussing qualifications is irrelevant in this state. You can be a blithering, uneducated idiot and have funding from the big dawgs and support of the good old boy/girl network and win any election around here. Perhaps we should exhort the great Don Gaetz and our representatives in the legislature to sponsor legislation to either establish real qualifications for superintendent or better still, sponsor legislation to eliminate the electing of superintendents.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We wouldn't be the first district to take more than one election to pass this referendum! So it's not over by a long shot.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I'm not sure why Tricia Porter Johnson runs every four years. And I'm also puzzled by her affiliations and where her loyalties lie. She supposedly represents the WCEA, an organization that is an impotent joke and is ripping off the teachers who were conned into joining. She is also a card carrying member of the Walton County Tea Party according to their Facebook page. If I were a teacher, I'd want someone who isn't a lukewarm fence sitter. I've never been a member of a union but if I were, I'd want someone with strong convictions representing me.