• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
I'll just leave this here . Ridiculous. Quality tent loving tourists . I'm sure it was on his own property too .

Report: Man threatens Walton County employee at gunpoint

One man is behind bars Monday after threatening a Walton County employee at gunpoint.

Just before 3 a.m. Walton County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a verbal disturbance on the beach at Inlet Beach.

When they arrived, a Walton County TDC Beach Management employee told them he was collecting items along the beach, enforcing their 'Leave No Trace' ordinance.

The employee said 43-year-old Richard Murray from Missouri then allegedly stood in front of his truck waving a gun and flashlight, demanding his items back that he left unsupervised on the beach.

The county returned the items back to the Murray and called the police who later tracked him down and arrested him at a nearby residence.

Murray is now being held at the Walton County Jail, charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Unreal...
Is it finally becoming obvious to some that we really do have a Touron Problem?

Hope the employee is OK and pushes for strong prosecution.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Reminder. This was one tourist. One gun. My husband and I visited 2 weeks ago, spent money, and caused no problems. We will be returning to Seaside in September. Ellen

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Because this is America where everyone should exercise their 2A rights and pack heat to defend against government tyranny.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Exactly, why would anybody need a gun on the beach? To protect your $40.00 investment?

If you take note, this was after 2am....the gun-toting "touron" wasn't there to partake of the beach. The first question should be, what was the "touron" doing up at that time of the morning, and how did he happen to see that the TDC official was cruising the beach and attempting to remove his tent?.....was he "laying in wait" for potential tent-nappers? The second question should be, given that there are as many local dipsticks (with money or without, educated or not) that have been known to show their inner red-neck in public, often witnessed by our visiting guests......in similar fashion of gross generalization, shouldn't the "tourons" lump all of us who enjoy life as locals collectively as "lo-lifes"?