• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Skeezix

Beach Crab
Jun 5, 2006
It's kindergarten enrollment time! I've heard great things about both Bay Elementary and Butler Elementary. Anyone have any pros or cons for either one?? Does one offer more programs than another?? Thanks!

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Both are good schools, both offer the same programs. Obviously Bay has a smaller enrollment, other than that I believe both schools are good.

Where do you live? If your child is riding the bus - then you may want to stay at the school in the bus route. I think the cutoff line is 393. If you live West of 393 you can catch the bus to Butler; East of it then to Bay.

Shelley Rubino

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach FL
Hi! I have the same question but this is quite a few years later. Why is Butler rated 7 and Bay 10 on greatschools.org? Has anyone had great experiences? Bad ones? Thanks for the advice!

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
There are newer threads discussing the schools. Bay had added about 4 or 6 portables. Bay is adding 2 more portables this year. The new elementary school is underway.