• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
kurt - how can we find you the week of july 30 (when we are next down to FLA)? we need to bring you some homemade cookies or something! thanks for all of the great info!!

FlaNative

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Re: Dennis - damage reports

Bergie said:
:dunno: :dunno: ARE THERE ANY REPORTS ON THE CONDITION OF THE SAND DUNES AT SEAGROVE BEACH? For three months this past winter we watched the moving and replacing of the sand, and now this!!! Hopefully they're in decent shape.

It's bad enough watching people tromp up and down on them despite constant warnings. Thanks!
Just got a call from a resident of One Seagrove. They said electricity, water, phone is all up. The new county beach access is gone all the way to the shower. One Seagrove is missing it's walkover. No apparent water damage to condo interiors from glass doors being blown in (like with Ivan). Dunes are cliffs again. Some earth is gone from the property just east of the county access.

Cassine Garden Townhomes had no apparent damage. The 'old' pool is covered in pine straw but there were people walking to the 'new' pool.

hed2002us

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Does anyone know any information about Grayton Beach, over by D&K's Beach Cafe and The Red Bar? There is a house we vacation at down there that has been a family favorite for quite a few years now. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lasml

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Hate to ask but does anyone know if the Lagniappe house on highway 30 a is o.k. It is right before the little bridge almost at the beginning of oyster lake. It is Gulf front. After Ivan it only lost its stairway going down to the beach. We are suppose to be arriving this Thrusday, July 16th.

dusty

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005
Sunset dreamin'--I sent you a pm with some answers. And yes, there are jellyfish in the area. Also, in addition to links and info on the Sowal site, there is a visitor center on 98 near 331 with lots of info on shopping, etc.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
I just wanted to say to all who own property in so-wal that I have been praying that you would have no further damage to your beautiful homes and beaches. I wish you all the best and wish I could be there to help clean up, take care all of you :love:

Carillon Family

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005

Everytime said:
If anyone is in the Eastern Lake area, we'd like an update on Eastern Shores condos, 595 Eastern Lake Road, between Commodore's Retreat and the Leeward complexes.

Also, we heard on MSNBC that the first floor of Pinnacle Port was washed out. This is the condo complex beachside of Carillon Beach across Lake Powell across the Bay County line.

Thanks, and I hope the area stays int he clear from serious damage.

You can find video of the Pinnacle Port damage on WJHG's website.
I heard of some flooding in Carillon on Sandyshore and Seahill.. not sure about extent of it, or if homes were damaged. Also heard beach walkovers in Carillon were damaged again.

Beach Girl

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2005
St. Louis, Mo

FlaNative said:
Just got a call from a resident of One Seagrove. They said electricity, water, phone is all up. The new county beach access is gone all the way to the shower. One Seagrove is missing it's walkover. No apparent water damage to condo interiors from glass doors being blown in (like with Ivan). Dunes are cliffs again. Some earth is gone from the property just east of the county access.

Cassine Garden Townhomes had no apparent damage. The 'old' pool is covered in pine straw but there were people walking to the 'new' pool.

Thanks!!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Thanks for the info on One Seagrove and Cassine Townehomes, Beachgirl! Just the area I was wanting an update on :clap_1: Glad to hear the condo's survived Dennis's wrath, although I'm very sorry to hear about the beaches and walkovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.