• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Smilin Joe -

So glad to hear from you again. I heard some disturbing news about bldg. 1 at Eastern Shores. Do you know what is going on there? We are scheduled for 2 weeks at bldg. 2 in October, have been staying there 9 years and are curious. Thanks so much for all you do for peeps on this board. I know you must be very busy, but those of us who are landlocked really appreciate your efforts.

kmadkins

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
Looking for information on Sea Haunts at Santa Rosa Beach. We are leaving the 16th for a 2 week vacation and are wondering about beach access at Santa Rosa. From what I've seen I'm guessing it may be gone! Is everything else business as usual? Restaurants, etc? Do they generally get debris picked up fairly quickly? We are renting through private owner and would just like some general post-hurricane information so we know what to expect.

beachcomber

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
Philip, thanks for the update...my house is in ofc too...have you got any pictures...what are you going to do about your rentors?...where in the neighborhood is your house and are you going down soon? thanks

mbritton

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
Damage Update

We are scheduled to stay at the Beachside Villas in Seagrove. Do you have any information on the buildings and the beach? THANKS!

FourP's

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
All I can say is thank you so much for this forum---without it I would have been even more frustrated! I was bringing my family down for the first time (July 10-17th) to stay in 'Knick of Time' and couldn't have been more excited---however, nature had other plans and so rather than "chillin' on the beach" we are mopping up our own Dennis remnants here in ATL. Luckily, from the pictures, my problems are minimal and my heart goes out to you all. My 14 year old says we have bad vacation karma but I say we just have disappointing vacation karma---we are healthy and safe and seems as if most everyone there is too. I hope we get an opportunity to visit next year---this week was it for us, so guess it is not to be. From the postings and the rental company's (South Walton Beach Rentals) update, I assume all is off for this week---there is still no answer from their office. Lastly, from the community spirit I have observed here on this forum, I will highly encourage my folks, who are looking for a beach retirement in the panhandle, to consider your community. Thanks and if there is any additional information you can provide about future renting, etc., let me know.

JQ (Four P's)

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005
Seacrest Pool

Does anybody know if the 12,000 Pool in Seacrest is opened or when it will be opend. Where would the closes beach access be for the Village of South Walton

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Re: Damage Update

I spoke to someone at the office yesterday and she said that the property came through without any significant damage. She said that the beach walk over was "embedded in the sand".

kygirl

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
We were scheduled to visit Dunes at Seagrove Aug 6-13. Unfortunately we (as a family) have decided that it would be best to reschedule. We have little ones who were looking forward to playing in the sand. If anyone would be interested in taking our week, please email us. kygirl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.