• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Angelina's

New posts
If you go to Angelina's, watch out for the old toothpick in the salad trick. (actual experience- which has turned me off from visiting Angelina's again. No apology given, and they didn't seem to give a hoot.)
 
Smiling JOe said:
If you go to Angelina's, watch out for the old toothpick in the salad trick. (actual experience- which has turned me off from visiting Angelina's again. No apology given, and they didn't seem to give a hoot.)

Damn, SJ...I felt your pain all the way over here! (I hope it wasn't used :shock: )
 
SHELLY said:
Damn, SJ...I felt your pain all the way over here! (I hope it wasn't used :shock: )
That was the fear.

I should also note, I hear many people enjoy Angelina's without toothpicks.
 
Mermaid said:
Tootsie, I have to say that's my opinion of more than a few restaurants in SoWal. We go out to eat at the beach because someone else is cooking for us, for the atmosphere, for the fun of it...not because we expect an excellent meal at a excellent price. But that's okay. Three out of four ain't bad. :cool:

you do speak the truth Mer! we do have our favorites, a few with excellent food, and several with funn atmosphere, and pricing is almost always up there -compared to other really outstanding restaurants in bigger cities... but, hey, we now have Italian and Mexican and Thai food, and even bad Chinese! WE didn't have those choices 10 years ago.
 
Tootsie said:
you do speak the truth Mer! we do have our favorites, a few with excellent food, and several with funn atmosphere, and pricing is almost always up there -compared to other really outstanding restaurants in bigger cities... but, hey, we now have Italian and Mexican and Thai food, and even bad Chinese! WE didn't have those choices 10 years ago.

A very good source whom we know and love says you have to drive up to Freeport to get yummy food at a yummy price. I can do that much better than fancy food at a fancy price. ;-)
 
TreeFrog said:
Angelina's pizza is thinner crust, less cheese, and more traditional topping combinations than Amore. Personally, I like it better than Amore, even though that's not in line with popular sentiment here at SoWal.com. Whatever floats your boat...

The pastas vary. The regular spaghetti with meat sauce is good, as is the seafood Fra Diavolo. I haven't had the sandwiches.

They are very popular this time of year. If you want to eat in for dinner, be prepared for a wait, especially weekends.

I call in takeout until school starts. They are quite prompt with that - I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes, even though I just call it in and hop in the car to drive the mile or so from Eastern Lake.

Count me as a happy customer.


DITTO :biggrin: We usually always get Pizza here the first night so we can relax on the deck and get to the beach for sunset
 
Franny said:
Cocoon's is good and located just down the street, but closes around 8 or 9.

Cocoons......yum! One of the places we make a point to visit at least once every trip! :clap_1: Sometimes the visits are daily:) ;-)
 
miramargal said:
Did I see that Cocoon's is for sale? If so, as it affected the quality? I think I'm gonna check it out when we're down there.
Yes, it has been for sale for over a year -- no change in quality or service.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top