• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
FB_IMG_1629541296094.jpg

Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast is hosting a COVID19 Vaccination Clinic at Seaside Institute on Tuesday August 24 from 8am - 6:30pm in Seaside Florida.

SEASIDE COVID-19 VACCINATION CLINIC
Tuesday Aug 24 | 8am - 6:30pm

168 Smolian Circle Seaside Florida 32459

Ascension Sacred Heart, like other hospitals across Northwest Florida, has seen a rapid spike in hospitalizations due to the spread of the more contagious delta variant of COVID-19. The hospitals in the Panhandle are currently treating more COVID-19 patients than at any time during the prior two surges of the virus. Within Ascension Sacred Heart's hospitals, 94 percent of hospitalized COVID-19 patients have not been vaccinated.

With the spread of the delta variant of the virus, we also have found the disease is impacting younger patients in their 20s, 30s and 40s. We are seeing fewer patients over 65 because most of those people have been vaccinated.

"The current surge is a public health crisis that we hoped would never happen, but the community needs to know that COVID-19 is hitting this community hard," said Henry Stovall, regional president of Ascension Sacred Heart's hospitals in Miramar Beach, Panama City and Port St. Joe.. "The surge has put great pressure on our hospitals, emergency departments and healthcare professionals. Our healthcare workers need the community's support to stop this surge now."

We will be administering Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine to anyone age 12 and above. Anyone under the age of 17 needs to be accompanied by a guardian.

Those wishing to receive the vaccine are asked to complete this Seaside
Pfizer Reservation Form prior to attending the event: Seaside COVID- 19 Vaccination Appointment Request Form

FB_IMG_1629540620956.jpg

Last edited:

SeaFern

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
pt. washington & niceville
Thank you Theresa for posting this vaccine event. I hope the younger generations will take this seriously and get vaccinated. I spoke to a physical therapist working at Sacred Heart in Panama City yesterday and she says working there in the covid wing is heart breaking. She told me about the 5 and 7 year old who are now on a ventilator and the many 20-30 year olds who have died recently. She told me for the first time she was tasked with calling family members to tell them a loved one was beyond saving...her worst day ever. They are also experiencing severe staffing shortages. Please get vaccinated - if not for yourself then for your family!