• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

the steenos

Beach Lover
May 8, 2006
The Board of County Commissioners is conducting a public hearing to consider creation of the Daughette Canal Municipal Service Benefit Unit(MSBU). An article appeared in the Beach Breeze outlining their intentions which include Special assessments to fund the removal and disposal of the dredging project. What was once described as a voluntary prepay is now undergoing a change to include participation in the unpaid original costs, additional capital costs and ongoing annual maintenance costs for vegetation removal. It states in the article that failure to pay assessment will cause a tax certificate to be issued against the real property which may result in a loss of title. This is a change from the previous idea of voluntary prepay. There is a meeting July 8th at 4PM at the South Walton Courthouse Annex, questions may be directed to Walton County Administration at 850-892-8155 or written objection may be filed with the County Clerk prior to the meeting.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Thanks for the post. I paid my dues. Love the newly dredged canal.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Isn't there supposed to be a vote by land-owning registered voters to make one of those stick? I know we had to vote like that to establish my area's MBSU.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Is the assessment for just the canal front lots, since they are the only ones who benefit from the canals? It should be if it is not.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
a vote by all of the owners in Daughette's would never work, IMO, since there are about twice as many non-canal front owners as there are canal front owners.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
:DAre you talking to yourself again SJ?