• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wavewatcher

Beach Lover
Jan 7, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I thought that the concept was excellent and what a great place to have this event. I loved walking around the homes of Alys Beach; they were beautiful. The pool was so groovy with all of the alcoves for lounging. I loved the techno beat in the background and the Alabama game going on in the corner. We left a great party to attend, I was a loser in the contest but loved the idea. The mushrooms and what ever that was growing on one wall was pretty weird but I loved the old pictures of Florida on the big screen. With a little tweaking it will be a great time, hopefully they will do it again soon and I'll see my digital art on the walls of Alys Beach one night. Smiling Joe your pictures look great, love the peace sign dancer.

Peace,
engulfed.us

Last edited:

fsulover

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2008
It was so much fun even with Gustav's threats and light showers. I got a photo and chatted with Alan he is very nice. Caliza Pool was rocking~

Last edited:

LoriO

Beach Comber
Dec 12, 2006
Grayton Beach
Digital Graffiti at Alys Beach

This event was so much fun, even with limited artist displays due to the weather.
I suppose I could be biased because we work closely with Alys Beach, and our company sponsored, but I really do think the folks at Alys Beach did a fantastic job in spite of the rain.
I had an absolute blast, and DJ Harry was amazing. I can't wait to do this again!

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was bummed that I didn't get to see all the digital art entries, but blown away by how cool the poolside party was! :clap:

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
"Digital Graffiti" Winners Announced

Alys Beach, Florida ? (September 2, 2008) ? Despite a thundershower that watered down Saturday evening's "Digital Graffiti" festivities, hundreds of guests were able to experience a few art projections, new open houses and a dance party that ran late into the night.

"Unfortunately, due to technical issues created by the storm, we were only able to show a few of the exhibits," said Kelli Arnold, Events Coordinator for Alys Beach. "We were especially sad for the many artists that attended, both locally and from as far away as New York. But the dance party was so much fun, and we were overwhelmed by the support and positive feedback from our friends and neighbors."
The next day, the festival's panel of industry experts reviewed each exhibit and awarded the following honors:
  • Best Photography ($500): "Feet First" by Sally Mankus of Shalimar, Florida
  • Best Still Image ($500): "Spectacular Takeover Battle" by Florian Kulhmann of Dusseldorf, Germany
  • Best Environmental Theme ($1,000): "S.O.S." by Donna Callighan of Stamford, Connecticut
  • Best Local Submission ($1,000): "SpyCam Series #2" by Janis Sawyer of Seaside, Florida
  • Most Experimental ($1,000): "Herr Bar" by Clemens Kogler of Linz, Austria
  • Best of Show ($2,500): "Futures" by Robert Seidel of Jena, Germany
Although rain prevented festival attendees from determining the "Audience Choice" award, judges decided to sponsor a special new $500 prize called the "Judges' Choice Award."
  • Judges' Choice Award ($500): "Dancing Queen" by Sumit Roy of New Delhi, India
All award-winning entries will be featured soon at www.alysbeach.com/DG.
"We were blown away by the quality and diversity of the exhibits," said Brett Phares, professor of interactive studies at Marist College in New York, and one of the festival's judges. "Alys Beach and Caliza are among the most amazing event venues we've ever seen, and we all just felt honored to be involved with this pioneering concept."

A special "artists reception" will be held at Fonville Press in Alys Beach on Friday, September 19th (weather permitting!), during which all festival exhibits will be projected in sequence in a single location for guests to enjoy.

"Although we realize that some artists might not be able to attend, we feel it's important to share and showcase all of their amazing works," said Arnold. There is no admission for the event, which will start at 8pm.

Anyone who pre-purchased tickets for last Saturday's event can receive a full refund by calling 1-866-481-8387 or or by emailing events@alysbeach.com.

ABOUT ALYS BEACH
One of the most beautiful new towns in the world, Alys Beach is located on Scenic Highway 30A in Florida?s panhandle, along what The New York Times said ?may be the best beach in the continental U.S.?

Alys Beach?s extraordinary architectural vision drew inspirations from both Bermuda and the family courtyard homes of Antigua, Guatemala. When complete, the town will be home to over 600 villas, row houses, courtyard homes and family compound retreats, as well as numerous restaurants, parks, pools and shops. All homes in Alys Beach are built to "Fortified?for safer living"? building standards, as designated by the Institute for Business & Home Safety, and are also built to the Green Home Designation Standard of the Florida Green Building Coalition. In April, Forbes named Alys Beach America?s ?Top Spot for Design-Savvy Home Buyers.?

?Alys Beach may be the most truly innovative community under construction in the United States today, and it will eventually be imitated everywhere,? said Andr?s Duany, who was ranked one of the Top 5 most influential people in home building by Builder magazine.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
A special "artists reception" will be held at Fonville Press in Alys Beach on Friday, September 19th (weather permitting!), during which all festival exhibits will be projected in sequence in a single location for guests to enjoy.

"Although we realize that some artists might not be able to attend, we feel it's important to share and showcase all of their amazing works," said Arnold. There is no admission for the event, which will start at 8pm.

I have to put this on my calendar! I can't wait! Please, please, please make this an annual event.

This was by far one of the coolest events I have been to! The venue was incredible as was the pool, art on the walls (I felt like I was in a 7Up bottle) and music.