• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

BBQ Shrimp

New posts
One more BBQ shrimp story....

We were in Pascale's back in the late 1980's in one of the very crowded dining rooms. The tables were really close together and it was difficult to move around. A waitress was bringing bowls of BBQ shrimp to one of the tables when she stumbled or tripped and several of them flipped off on to the back of an unsupecting diner. Hot olive oil/butter/shrimp made a huge mess on the poor guy. :eek: The recipe I use is very similar to the ones posted except I also add ground rosemary to the seasoning mix.
 
Re: One more BBQ shrimp story....

drsvelte said:
We were in Pascale's back in the late 1980's in one of the very crowded dining rooms. The tables were really close together and it was difficult to move around. A waitress was bringing bowls of BBQ shrimp to one of the tables when she stumbled or tripped and several of them flipped off on to the back of an unsupecting diner. Hot olive oil/butter/shrimp made a huge mess on the poor guy. :eek: The recipe I use is very similar to the ones posted except I also add ground rosemary to the seasoning mix.

Did they call Morris Bart??? :floor:
 
Re: One more BBQ shrimp story....

drsvelte said:
We were in Pascale's back in the late 1980's in one of the very crowded dining rooms. The tables were really close together and it was difficult to move around. A waitress was bringing bowls of BBQ shrimp to one of the tables when she stumbled or tripped and several of them flipped off on to the back of an unsupecting diner. Hot olive oil/butter/shrimp made a huge mess on the poor guy. :eek: The recipe I use is very similar to the ones posted except I also add ground rosemary to the seasoning mix.
And I promise that the waitress was surly. They always are. Once you get used to this, it becomes somewhat humorous.
 
Re: One more BBQ shrimp story....

Beach Runner said:
And I promise that the waitress was surly. They always are. Once you get used to this, it becomes somewhat humorous.

Manale's takes care of their regulars. Like so many neighborhood places in NOLA (Clancy's comes to mind), if they don't know you, then you might as well be invisible.

The only place where I am considered a "local" is Galatoire's. The Fontenot boys alway remember me and take care of me. It makes all the difference in your dining experience.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top