• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I've seen posts with signs saying no trespassing all the way down to the water. If you think enjoyment of the beach is walking in a ten foot wet sand corridor afraid to stop and sit down on dry sand and just relax, then yeah, nobody has been stopped from walking east and west. I'd say that is a rather narrow view of enjoyment of the beach.

Sure we have all "seen" these signs, ropes, etc., but when has it ever been enforced? Answer - NEVER. Sheriff Mike even created an elaborate policy for rich folks to follow with zero results. I believe that wonderful policy has now been "suspended". He created some of this mess and should be accountable.

So now your "Customary Use" argument is about "enjoyment", and not the ability to walk east to west / vice versa, correct? I'm just trying to keep up with all the B.S.

Can I and do I have a right to "enjoy" your back yard if I can show you a picture of my ancestors in it from years ago?

Beach Front Property Owners never had issues before the beach vendors and the lower class renters that this areas has had to deal with post-Katrina. TDC is to blame for the marketing mess. Beach Vendors are out of control and I think 98% of people all agree with that.

How about focus on the cause of the problem?

Why is no one promoting the miles and miles of Florida State Park beaches? There's a lot of it and no one uses it.

We give "free" access to it and not a single penny of that money goes into our local parks. All to the State. What kind of deal is that?

Does anyone find it interesting that the past Head Park Ranger of Topsail State Park is now the #2 at the TDC? That park was the focus of the free admission program and people that already paid for Year Long Passes were still issue receipts during the free time period. So are any of the numbers accurate? I'd say no. Remember we already had some suspicious transactions with the TDC Gift Cards a few years back.

Again, where is the East to West and West to East Access Restricted?

Lucas Reynolds

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
Sure we have all "seen" these signs, ropes, etc., but when has it ever been enforced? Answer - NEVER. Sheriff Mike even created an elaborate policy for rich folks to follow with zero results. I believe that wonderful policy has now been "suspended". He created some of this mess and should be accountable.

So now your "Customary Use" argument is about "enjoyment", and not the ability to walk east to west / vice versa, correct? I'm just trying to keep up with all the B.S.

Can I and do I have a right to "enjoy" your back yard if I can show you a picture of my ancestors in it from years ago?

Beach Front Property Owners never had issues before the beach vendors and the lower class renters that this areas has had to deal with post-Katrina. TDC is to blame for the marketing mess. Beach Vendors are out of control and I think 98% of people all agree with that.

How about focus on the cause of the problem?

Why is no one promoting the miles and miles of Florida State Park beaches? There's a lot of it and no one uses it.

We give "free" access to it and not a single penny of that money goes into our local parks. All to the State. What kind of deal is that?

Does anyone find it interesting that the past Head Park Ranger of Topsail State Park is now the #2 at the TDC? That park was the focus of the free admission program and people that already paid for Year Long Passes were still issue receipts during the free time period. So are any of the numbers accurate? I'd say no. Remember we already had some suspicious transactions with the TDC Gift Cards a few years back.

Again, where is the East to West and West to East Access Restricted?

John G you are right on point. As reflected by President Elect Trump's victory, if anybody has any doubt that Americans like Walton beachfront owners are MAD as Heck and Aren't Going to Take it Anymore there should be no doubt and beachfront owners will fight Walton Commissioners $40-$50 MILLION tax payer dollars.

Commissioner Comander Oct 25, 2016 comments on customary use ordinance “...if it took spending 40 MILLION to 50 MILLION in tax payer’s money - if we [commissioners] have to, then we have to!” Heck the whole 2017 budget was $130 MILLION. Fire, Aim, Ready!
https://walton.granicus.com/MediaPl...rttime=3615&stoptime=7297&autostart=0&embed=1