• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I would like to provide bingo to the residents at an assisted care here in Walton County.
I have been on the internet and downloaded cards etc. Now I need some help with getting the prizes together and would like to find one or two people to help.
If I can get a lot of interest in this then I could expand to more assisted cares, nursing homes and the senior centers in the county.
This is a list of suggested items that I got off the internet. How many of us have items lying around that maybe were a gift or you are just tired of. I know I just looked under my vanity and found quite a few items.
Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Best of luck with the project! Back in a previous job, I was in charge of procuring bingo prizes. Places I got my prizes- Michael's crafts 90% off sales, drug company schwag from co-workers (it was a health & social services organization), and any time I came across a health fair at the mall or got sent to a conference, I'd always ask for a couple extra pens, frisbees, whatever and say they were bingo prizes for my seniors.

Also, Publix and Panera bread will donate day old baked goods to established organizations. Cupcakes and muffins make for good prizes.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
4 dogs, I'll direct DD to this thread. She works in a nursing home and has lots of experience putting together funn and creatibe events for the seniors. :love:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
4 dogs, I'll direct DD to this thread. She works in a nursing home and has lots of experience putting together funn and creatibe events for the seniors. :love:

:wave:4 Dogs, bravo to you! I provide bingo prizes to assisted living and retirement communities. I market these communities, because sooner or later, some of their residents need our help. I've found the most coveted prizes are food and useful items such as Kleenex, toiletries, etc. I also try to provide at least one "big" prize each time I go..like a $5 gas card. Since a lot of these seniors live on fixed incomes, it's a treat for them to be able to save a few $$.
If I were there, I'd be glad to help. If you send me your contact info, I'll bring a bag of stuff when I come in October. :wave:

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Thank you

Thanks for all the great suggestions, keep them coming. I knew putting a post on SoWal would get me some great advice. I have started to talk it up at the Assisted Care and they are all getting excited about playing bingo.