• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Dave Rauschkolb said:
Regarding the sous chef postion, Derek Porter is our sous chef but people are clamering to work with Chef Huckaby so if you are interested I would call and ask for Dereck or Huck and get an application in ASAP. We are in the process of hiring culinary students but anyone with a serious dedication to food with experience should call or come by. The Kitchen line is 231-5737; Fax is 231-1846

Thanks!

Dave

Would LOVE to....if I could get mr. dd to move! :dunno: Thanks for the info Dave!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
destindreamin said:
Would LOVE to....if I could get mr. dd to move! :dunno: Thanks for the info Dave!

This is genius! dd would be a natural! Tell dang darlin' you hear the call of sowal!!!

I am SO excited about the new chef! :welcome: to you James...we will be by in April with big appetites!!!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Sueshore said:
This is genius! dd would be a natural! Tell dang darlin' you hear the call of sowal!!!

I am SO excited about the new chef! :welcome: to you James...we will be by in April with big appetites!!!

^5!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Welcome Huck. Here's to a long and prosperous career at B&A's I will come by and say "Hi", and try out some of those culinary creations in July!!!!

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
How utterly exciting this news is! We will have a Frank Stitt protege at South Walton! Stitt's Highlands Grill is a wonderful restaurant and his newest cookbook is a pleasure for all of one's senses. I can't wait to get back down and go to Bud & Alley's. Hooray, hooray! :clap_1:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Someone needs to persuade Huck to register on SoWal.com!

Then again, he probably doesn't want a bunch of "consultants" giving him advice.:funn:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
Someone needs to persuade Huck to register on SoWal.com!

Then again, he probably doesn't want a bunch of "consultants" giving him advice.:funn:

:lolabove: ...who gives advice around here???? GM to you my jdarg!!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yo Mama Kitty! I'm up and at'em this morning packing Will off for school and - this is not too much of a tangent since it is food- making Mermaid's short ribs from the New Year's Eve thread! Short ribs were on sale yesterday, and I remembered that she had posted a recipe. Getting ready to chop, brown, and throw things in the crockpot. Recipe calls for an entire bottle of red wine. I don't think I have ever cracked open a bottle this early!

Of course, I wish I was eating at Bud & Alley's tonight!

newyorker

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
yum, yum, and triple yum! Those are incredible credentials (I've moved around the country, and I still think Bham has some of the most wonderful restaurants in the US--and those are the 3 top ones). To have this kind of chef at Bud & Alle :clap_1: y's is indeed wonderful news!! Good work landing him!! We'll be there, per usual, in July. Unlike some of you--I think the old B&A menu was ok, but it needed "freshening up". Some new and creative dishes with the local seafood and produce and the ambience of being near (or even on) the beach---sounds like to heaven to me and my family (who've always insisted that B&A had to be on our list of "things to do in SOWAL".http://www.sowal.com/bb/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=74496#
Clap 1