• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Buying a rig?

New posts

panicjl

Beach Lover
I am vacationing in about two weeks as most of you know and I want to surf fish for pompano and whatever else (something else to do besides just sit on the beach and drink). I need some advice on what kind of rod and reel or combo to buy when I get there (brand, size,etc.). I guess I will go to the Bass Pro when I get into town. I dont need the top of the line but I dont want the worst either. I plan on using shrimp and whatever you guys suggest. Thanks for any help that I can get.
 
John said:
Bass Pro? Why not a local merchant with knowledge of the local water?

How about a suggestion? Dawg probably knows where Bass Pro is but not where the little guys operate. I know there is a shop at Grayton Corners;don't know the name.
 
Right, im not familiar with the places on 30a but would be happy to give them my business. I buy and manage for a specialty store and always like to support them when I can.
 
The Seagrove Ice House has gear and live shrimp. Also there is Yellowfin inside Grayton Market. Both have the same owner and guys who can give good info.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top