• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Live Music Clutch

New posts
dbuck said:
Bamagirl, we will keep your friend in our prayers.

Johnrudy, my sister, 39 y.o. and a small person, has had a blood clot in her leg, actually it is DVT (deep vein thrombosis?). Had to be completely off her legs for 2 weeks. Has been on blood thinners for about 2 months now. She told me that her doctor said it would have been worse had it been behind her knee. So you might want to call your doc tomorrow and just ask if it is anything you should be concerned about. Let us know.
OK, now I've had 3 very nice & concerned people advise me to call the dr. which I plan on doing as soon as they open tomorrow. I'm actually kind of skeered to go to sleep tonight! :shock:
Thanks.
 
Awwwwwww i didnt mean to scare you. I am so sorry. Just say a prayer and i am sure you will have a peaceful sleep. I have not heard any news today on Kevin. He was suppose to have some surgery at noon and my friend that is supplying me with info, has heard nothing. So of course i am concerned. We are just thinking "no news is good news". I have plans to drive to PC this weekend to surprise some friends of ours we havent seen in a couple of years and was excited to go see CLUTCH. I hope and pray things will be better by then.

Thank you all in your prayers. And Johnrudy, get yourself to the doctors tomorrow. Keep us posted as i will say prayers for you as well.

Nite
 
bamagirl, am praying for your friend and hope all turns out ok. Johnrudy, hurry up and get to the doctor!!!
 
bamagirl said:
Awwwwwww i didnt mean to scare you. I am so sorry. Just say a prayer and i am sure you will have a peaceful sleep. I have not heard any news today on Kevin. He was suppose to have some surgery at noon and my friend that is supplying me with info, has heard nothing. So of course i am concerned. We are just thinking "no news is good news". I have plans to drive to PC this weekend to surprise some friends of ours we havent seen in a couple of years and was excited to go see CLUTCH. I hope and pray things will be better by then.

Thank you all in your prayers. And Johnrudy, get yourself to the doctors tomorrow. Keep us posted as i will say prayers for you as well.

Nite
Oh, no need to apologize. I should'nt have highjacked your post to be about me. It's just been a good reminder for me to get myself checked out and thank you for that. Sometimes a little scare can save lives!

Please let us know how your friend is doing.
 
Well he is still hanging on as of last night. Reports are that he is following commands such as grasping and letting go of your hand, and a friend was feeding him ice in which he clamped down on the stick and wouldnt let it go. LOL! So maybe some of our prayers have been answered. Not out of the woods yet and he still may loose his leg. Please keep the prayers going.

Johnrudy, have ya checked with your doc yet about your leg problems?
 
bamagirl said:
Well he is still hanging on as of last night. Reports are that he is following commands such as grasping and letting go of your hand, and a friend was feeding him ice in which he clamped down on the stick and wouldnt let it go. LOL! So maybe some of our prayers have been answered. Not out of the woods yet and he still may loose his leg. Please keep the prayers going.

Johnrudy, have ya checked with your doc yet about your leg problems?
Oh bamagirl, I was hoping your friend was coming along better. I know that any progress is good but it appears to be slow.

I did call my dr. yesterday, he had me go to the ER to have the ultra sound. It is not a blood clot but a meniscus problem causing the pain. Sounds sort of weird to me, it being knotted up in the back of my knee, but I'm just thankful that's all it is. He's referred me to an orthopedic surgeon so I'll go from there. I had knee surgery 20 yrs. ago so this must be an "age" thing, since I AM getting "older!" :eek:

But thank you for your helpful post and a reminder that we should never ignore certain symptoms.

We will continue to keep your friend in our thoughts.
 
Johnrudy said:
Oh bamagirl, I was hoping your friend was coming along better. I know that any progress is good but it appears to be slow.

I did call my dr. yesterday, he had me go to the ER to have the ultra sound. It is not a blood clot but a meniscus problem causing the pain. Sounds sort of weird to me, it being knotted up in the back of my knee, but I'm just thankful that's all it is. He's referred me to an orthopedic surgeon so I'll go from there. I had knee surgery 20 yrs. ago so this must be an "age" thing, since I AM getting "older!" :eek:

But thank you for your helpful post and a reminder that we should never ignore certain symptoms.

We will continue to keep your friend in our thoughts.

I'm glad it's the "age" thing and nothing more serious, JR. I've been watching to see what you found out. Whew!
Bamagirl-I wish the best for your friend and I hope that he is out of the woods soon.
 
destindreamin said:
I'm glad it's the "age" thing and nothing more serious, JR. I've been watching to see what you found out. Whew!
Bamagirl-I wish the best for your friend and I hope that he is out of the woods soon.
Thanks! I was worried about walking for exercise, afraid it would dislodge! Ha! As soon as I got the good word, I took John & Rudy for a long walk!
 
Johnrudy said:
Thanks! I was worried about walking for exercise, afraid it would dislodge! Ha! As soon as I got the good word, I took John & Rudy for a long walk!

JR...that meniscus thing....I always thought it was on the front of the knee. I have a knee problem. When I kneel down on my left knee, the pain shoots so bad, I fall to the floor. So, I just use my right knee instead.
 
Sueshore said:
JR...that meniscus thing....I always thought it was on the front of the knee. I have a knee problem. When I kneel down on my left knee, the pain shoots so bad, I fall to the floor. So, I just use my right knee instead.
I thought so too! And my pain is when I sleep, the knot behind my knee, etc. I will go to the ortho. to continue my search on the pain. Pretty strange but at least it's not a clot. I can live with a mysterious pain, that only happens at night, I guess. :blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top