• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cocktail Par-tay suggestions needed!

New posts
TooFarTampa said:
OK, this is probably so simple and obvious it is tacky but I just love parmesan-artichoke dip. It always goes fast when I make it. 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and well chopped, mixed in with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup Parmesan. Put in an ovensafe dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly brown on top. I like it with tortilla chips but you can do pretty much anything.

I have also done bruschetta, and what has worked for me is ideally mixing it all up the night before so the flavors have time to blend. Yum!

Please post pics of the big night!

I can eat an entire dish of the artichoke dip!
 
Mermaid said:
Thanks so much--I knew you'd all have suggestions for me. Okay, here's the table thus far:

cheese (probably blue and brie) and crackers
bruschetta (thanks BR; my brother does the same and everyone always raves)
Peapod on a toothpick
fruit such as grapes and strawberries
Ouch! :shock:
 
Hey Mermaid, I can't wait to meet your daughter. Did you tell her all about the hottie Phead?
 
And speaking of toothpicks- Mermaid looks like the chick in her avatar. Very much the hottie.
 
jdarg said:
man you are dense lately!:blink: :floor:

she's calling you a toothpick!!

Somebody better call me a toothpick soon or it's back on the cocktails!!
Uh, I think you better reread the post, darling:

Peapod! I thought you'd like being so instantly slim. :razz:
Sounds more like a weight loss suggestion to me! :eek:
 
TooFarTampa said:
OK, this is probably so simple and obvious it is tacky but I just love parmesan-artichoke dip. It always goes fast when I make it. 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and well chopped, mixed in with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup Parmesan. Put in an ovensafe dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly brown on top. I like it with tortilla chips but you can do pretty much anything.

I have also done bruschetta, and what has worked for me is ideally mixing it all up the night before so the flavors have time to blend. Yum!

Please post pics of the big night!
Your artichoke dip recipe plus one small can of green chiles mixed in too.

Triscuits are my favorite means of conveyance from bowl to mouth.
 
Mermaid said:
Thanks so much--I knew you'd all have suggestions for me. Okay, here's the table thus far:

cheese (probably blue and brie) and crackers
bruschetta (thanks BR; my brother does the same and everyone always raves)
Peapod on a toothpick
fruit such as grapes and strawberries

I have some sundried tomatoes (the oil packed kind). I usually serve them on a cracker with cream cheese but does anyone know something more interesting to do them?

I will definitely check out johnrudy's links and shakennotstirred, do you have a recipe that will compliment my meagre offerings thus far?

Hi Mermaid! You could also do some fruit dip to go with the fruit. Maybe hollow out a pineapple to put it in, super cute!

1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese softened
1 small jar marshmallow creme
1/2 crushed pineapple

Blend w/ mixer.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top