• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
jdarg said:
the pizza one.

please

Here it is:

Tomato-Onion Phyllo Pizza

5 Tablespoons butter or margarine ? melted
7 sheets Phyllo dough (18 x 4)
7 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup thinly sliced onion
7-9 Plum tomatoes, sliced
1 ? teaspoon minced fresh oregano or ? teaspoon dried
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or ? teaspoon dried
Salt & Pepper to taste

Brush a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with some of the melted butter. Lay a sheet of phyllo in pan, folding edges to fit (keep remaining dough covered with waxed paper to keep from drying out.) Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers five times, folding edges over for each layer.

Top with remaining dough, folding edges to fit pan; brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Arrange onion and tomatoes over the cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and thyme, salt, pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

Enjoy!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Thanks so much--I knew you'd all have suggestions for me. Okay, here's the table thus far:

cheese (probably blue and brie) and crackers
bruschetta (thanks BR; my brother does the same and everyone always raves)
Peapod on a toothpick
fruit such as grapes and strawberries

I have some sundried tomatoes (the oil packed kind). I usually serve them on a cracker with cream cheese but does anyone know something more interesting to do them?

I will definitely check out johnrudy's links and shakennotstirred, do you have a recipe that will compliment my meagre offerings thus far?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Shakennotstirred! We were posting at the same time. That recipe looks heavenly. Thanks!!! :clap_1:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I always love the Sundried tomatoes at Cocoons. I believe he just adds green olives, blue cheese chunks, etc...yummy, pretty and easy, but I agree with the catering idea!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Franny said:
I always love the Sundried tomatoes at Cocoons. I believe he just adds green olives, blue cheese chunks, etc...yummy, pretty and easy, but I agree with the catering idea!

Franny, how do you mean? Like mix chopped sundried tomatoes with olives and blue cheese and serve on top of crackers? I totally forgot about having a nice assortment of olives; I'll have to lay some of those out.

I think I could 'cater' from Costco since I have to go there this week anyway. They make nice sushi trays. Or do you think sushi with all the Italian-y food on the table would be a litle off-putting? :dunno:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Mermaid said:
Franny, how do you mean? Like mix chopped sundried tomatoes with olives and blue cheese and serve on top of crackers? I totally forgot about having a nice assortment of olives; I'll have to lay some of those out.

I think I could 'cater' from Costco since I have to go there this week anyway. They make nice sushi trays. Or do you think sushi with all the Italian-y food on the table would be a litle off-putting? :dunno:

Mermie Sushi is great anytime, in my opinion!!!!!

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Mermaid said:
Shakennotstirred! We were posting at the same time. That recipe looks heavenly. Thanks!!! :clap_1:

You are welcome!

If you are going to Costco - they have really good mozzarella balls marinated in oil. And their jarred Bruschetta is pretty good (if you are looking to "Fake It, Not Make It"). I have received recipe requests for that as well. ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
dbuck said:
I would axe the sushi. JMO. But everything else sounds great.

Agree....no bait without poles.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
OK, this is probably so simple and obvious it is tacky but I just love parmesan-artichoke dip. It always goes fast when I make it. 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and well chopped, mixed in with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup Parmesan. Put in an ovensafe dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly brown on top. I like it with tortilla chips but you can do pretty much anything.

I have also done bruschetta, and what has worked for me is ideally mixing it all up the night before so the flavors have time to blend. Yum!

Please post pics of the big night!