• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sleepswithdogs

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2018
Southeast
I am hoping the curfew for minors is still place. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you!

*** edited to add-- nothing against minors... I have 2 :)

Last edited:

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
Seaside | Town Center Curfew

Out of concern for the safety of our guests who are staying in Seaside, as well as our merchants and employees, we have decided to push back the curfew (from 9:00 pm) to 8:00 pm. This will go into effect tonight, March 16th for visitors under the age of 21, without parental supervision.

This will mean that all walk up food businesses, including airstreams, will close at 8:00 pm instead of 9:00 pm. Large groups of teens have been gathering in the evening and these large groups promote underage drinking, vandalism and unruly behavior that disrupts the experience of families trying to enjoy their vacation.

This change in curfew time will be in effect for the duration of Spring Break.

sleepswithdogs

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2018
Southeast
Thank you so much!! Just received this email:

Please be advised, the WaterColor Community is enacting an 8 p.m. curfew effective immediately for all unaccompanied minors under the age of 18.

We would like to remind you that WaterColor has a year-round 10 p.m. curfew, with the Security Director having authority to enact an 8 p.m. curfew if deemed necessary.

The 8 p.m. curfew will remain in effect for the remainder of the spring break season. Please inform your guests accordingly.

Sincerely,

WaterColor Community Management

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Being crowded and bad behavior are two different things but the crowds weren't what we signed up for years ago when we first starting staying there. The bad behavior has made it nearly impossible to enjoy it. I've enjoyed the communities along 30A instead of one tower after another. If it's going to be forever changed, I guess we'll be looking for a quiet beach setting somewhere and focus on the beach. We'll see how our trips go this year. Road blocks at 283 and 395 for Spring Break and Fall Break. Card the passengers. If under 25 send them on their way. Turn them around. There's a reason why rentals don't rent to under 25 or car rentals either. Get the message out that 30A is not the new PCB. Make it boring!!!

Duchess

Beach Lover
Sep 11, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach/Reynoldstown
How can you card people and send those under 25 away? On public roads? This makes no sense. Life, liberty, etc. It's not for the local governments and police to make sure those under 25 don't rent lodging or cars. You do realize that there are people living here who are in that age group and work, etc.? Please think through your suggestions more thoroughly. I'm a full-timer and I am a bit surprised by the crowds this week but it's fine. More worried about people ignoring the double-reds, that's for sure. We are spending the Fourth elsewhere this year, too. Our choice.