• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
Does anyone know anything about the Dune One Condominiums/Townhomes located in the Dune Allen area? Can anyone give me a more specific location? We're coming down with friends in Oct and they have suggested staying there. (We love all the SoWal beaches, but are unfamiliar with Dune One)

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
Thanks for checking Kurt. In fact, that's the unit we are considering. I couldn't tell from the photos exactly where along Dune Allen Beach they were located. Do you have any idea? Do you know what the beach access in that area is like post-Dennis?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It's in a good location on the west end of Dune Allen. Not sure about the walkover. Did they say they had access at the units?

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
The website says they have a private boardwalk to the beach. We have inquired about its current status, but haven't heard back yet. I thought I might get a quicker answer here on the board from you lucky guys who are on the scene.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachbuddy said:
The website says they have a private boardwalk to the beach. We have inquired about its current status, but haven't heard back yet. I thought I might get a quicker answer here on the board from you lucky guys who are on the scene.

I could show you pictures which may explain why they have not responded back to you.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
IMG_0234.JPG

Lack of ground support at Dune I condos

IMG_0237.JPG

Exposed septic tanks at at Dune I condos

IMG_0239.JPG

Side view of Gulf-level Pool at Dune I condos

I checked on Dune I as recently as Sunday, Aug 21 2005, and no repair work had commenced at that time. Great location otherwise.

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks so much for the photos Smiling JOe-I think we may have to rethink our plans. Anyone know of a beachfront place for 4 adults Oct 15-22?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachbuddy said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks so much for the photos Smiling JOe-I think we may have to rethink our plans. Anyone know of a beachfront place for 4 adults Oct 15-22?

I guess that I should clarify that these photos were taken July 12 2005, after Dennis came through. The beach looks a little different now, but the photos are still an accurate representation at this time.

I see that you are from TN. Memphis by chance? In the past, I know of many Memphians who stayed at Dune I, and they all loved it.