First trip to SoWalton, ? abt "Pelican Beach" house

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by ShoMeTheBeach, May 16, 2005.

1. ShoMeTheBeach

ShoMeTheBeach Beach Comber

Hello! I just found this site today while surfing for info for our vacation the week of June 4th. We've never been to the South Walton area, so I was excited to find this site with so much info!

I was hoping that someone would be familiar with the house "Pelican Beach." This is a huge family vacation (three generations with Aunts, Uncles, cousins, G-parents, etc.) so this is the house we got.

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/194pelicancircle/

I've looked at the virtual tour (thank you Kurt, that's you right?), but I'm confused about the location in relation to the beach. The description says it is 25 yards to the beach, but the virtual tour thingy looks a LOT further than that. :confused:

I wouldn't be so picky, except we have a 2-year-old that I'm sure will demand to be carried back and forth every time we trek down to the beach. :eek: I was thinking maybe we could pull him in a wagon--how steep are the beach stairs typically?

Thank you from Missouri!!! :D
    Nancy

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

:welcome:

Hi Nancy,
    The dune walkover is right across the street. It's as close to gulf front as you can get without being gulf front. Ya'll will like it a lot. It's a huge house and a nice neighborhood. The virtual tours are shot with a wide angle lens so it looks further away than the eye.
    The house was just remodeled and has a very nice pool.

3. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

Looks like you got a good one! That is a beautiful place. Don't miss the Children's Theatre at Seaside Monday night. The Fisherman and His Wife will be showing in the grassy amphitheatre in the Seaside Circle at 8 pm and it is free. Bring your lawn chairs, cooler, blanket and let the kids run. Just drive west from Seacrest to Seaside. Ask anyone for directions. Have a great week!

4. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Hi Becky! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you the other day. My head was spinning.

5. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

No problem. That was a crazy crowd! Nice pics!

6. ShoMeTheBeach

Thank you Kurt and Becky! I made a note of the children's theater thing. That sounds like a good evening activity; maybe Grandma & Grandpa would enjoy taking them while Mommy & Daddy have dinner out--at a real restaraunt that doesn't have a Playland! :clap_1:

Thanks again

7. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we

Hi Nancy,

My husband and I are good friends with the owners of this home. We walked through during the renovations and this house is primo! The views are excellent. It's huge, plenty of room to spread out and plenty of common area if the whole family wants to be in the same place at the same time. They have done an excellent job and you will be delighted. You might actually be closer to the beach than some of the "beach front" homes I've seen.

Hope you and your family will have a great vacation!

8. Rather B Paddlin

Rather B Paddlin Beach Lover

Nancey,

You have found a great house. You will not be disappointed. This house is the 2nd property from the beach. You actually can hear the waves from the 2nd and 3rd levels of the house. The steps at this access are not as high and steep as some others in the area.

You will find the owners Jon and Judy Miller are fantastic people to deal with.

9. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Wow Nancy!!! that house looks great :clap_1: Kurt is right...that house isnt far from the beach at all. Please post when you get back and let us know how it was...have fun!! another gal from MO :cool:

10. ShoMeTheBeach

Thanks all! Nine more days until we're there :clap_1: ... but who's counting? :D

Nancy

11. jensieblue

jensieblue Beach Fanatic

Planning a week in Grayton. I will need to rent a beach wheelchair. The people I that have provided me a beach wheelchair in the past are no longer in the rental bus. Can anyone direct me to a source for beach wheelchair rental? One place I called wanted $100 just to deliver the chair and could not provide me a chair for the week. Any suggestions would be appreciated...I read somewhere that Grayton State Park rents the beach wheelchair but I am not staying at the state park and doubt they would let me take to Old Grayton. Thanks...