• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Fonts

New posts

DD

SoWal Expert
Do you have a preferred font? :biggrin:
 
Daughter is a font freak. When she was a young teenager, she said, "Mom, I even know the name of the font on my maxi-pads." Now she can identify the name of any font she sees. She thinks that the Mac fonts are better than the Microsoft fonts, and she can tell you exactly how the Microsoft supposed equivalents are not as good as the Mac fonts.

She now designs her own fonts.

Those MIT kids amaze me.
 
I really like this one which is called Book Antiqua. I'd use it more often but I'm lazy. I love looking at different fonts. I was doing a lot of research a while back because our condo association could use an updated image and a good way to start is with stationery. It's not as easy as you think to choose the font that conveys the look you're after.

There are a few really cool websites out there that let you try out different fonts. It's funn to type in your own name and phrase and play with the letters.
 
Last edited:
I really like this one which is called Book Antiqua. I'd use it more often but I'm lazy. I love looking at different fonts. I was doing a lot of research a while back because our condo association could use an updated image and a good way to start is with stationery. It's not as easy as you think to choose the font that conveys the look you're after.

There are a few really cool websites out there that let you try out different fonts. It's funn to type in your own name and phrase and play with the letters.

I love looking at them too--and using some of them. I started this thread because of my font fetish. BR..I can so relate to your daughter's addiction. Anyway, I do our newsletter at work and I have always used Print Shop until a few months ago when we got a system update:bang:and they wouldn't let me re-install my Print Shop. Now, I am required to use Publisher and I don't have NEAR the font choices I had with PS. :bang:
 
Times New Roman has always been my default font.

I find that the standard font on sowal is pretty easy to read. That or I'm just used to it.
 
Times New Roman has always been my default font.

I find that the standard font on sowal is pretty easy to read. That or I'm just used to it.

And, it takes too much trouble to change the font on here, anyway. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top