• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Free T e d

New posts
The TDC would be a great location, but the tourists are already waiting in line at 331/98 to leave town, so I'm not sure they would try to stop and drop, then get back in line. Best to get them before they pack the car. Businesses scattered up and down 30A should build their own free boxes and encourage dropping and collecting of the beach crap.
 
The TDC would be a great location, but the tourists are already waiting in line at 331/98 to leave town, so I'm not sure they would try to stop and drop, then get back in line. Best to get them before they pack the car. Businesses scattered up and down 30A should build their own free boxes and encourage dropping and collecting of the beach crap.[/quote]

How about the management companies?
 
The TDC would be a great location, but the tourists are already waiting in line at 331/98 to leave town, so I'm not sure they would try to stop and drop, then get back in line. Best to get them before they pack the car. Businesses scattered up and down 30A should build their own free boxes and encourage dropping and collecting of the beach crap.[/quote]

How about the management companies?

and maybe add the Leave No Trace logo to each box. I think the management companies are a great idea. I think this would catch on--and everyone (and our beaches) would win!
 
I don't think the county wants to open the can of worms. The hassle, mess, responsibility, liability of gathering and distributing stuff from the beach. It would take leadership with a lot of balls to make it happen (and I don't mean beach balls).

However I could see them using a contractor to help. Someone on 331 with plenty of space, and balls, could make a little profit. Are you listening Joe Elmore? :wave: All the visitors stopping to get cheap beach items will surely also like chainsaw art.

Joe is also the type of guy to do the "free box". A really neat guy that thinks "outside the box". Stop by and see him sometime. You never know what you might find.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top